Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist | Season 2 Episode 3 - "Zoey's Extraordinary Dreams"

 

Spoiler Alert!

 

I swear to god, this past few episodes have been a little bit triggering.

Hello everybody and welcome to a knew Zoey's Playlist rant.

As I said, this season, and this episode in particular, really hit home with me. Luckily everything is fine with my family, so I'm not exactly feeling what Zoey is feeling but, in a way, I've also been feeling too overwhelmed and with a lot on my mind so her feelings are really relatable. I'm still enjoying this season a lot. I mean, the core of this show is comedy (and musical) but I love how relatable they make it. Anyway, I already told that this episode really touched me so now let's really get into the episode.

The episode opens up with Zoey singing. That was already a shock to me. But soon we realize that's a dream. Well, actually, more of a nightmare and, I gotta be honest - the first thing that I thought when I heard her singing that song was that she felt trapped with Max. (Well, it turned out not to be exactly that, but it still affected their relationship).

Well, after talking to Max about it, she suspects that what she needs is to go back to her own house and so she decides to go tell her mum. However, when she's about to tell her, her mum sings a song basically saying that she doesn't feel well and "herself" and so Zoey doesn't go through with it and decides to wait 'till her mum feels better. And that's when the "second main plot" of the episode comes in.

It's not only Zoey that isn't well - her mother isn't feeling the best either but she decides to take a new job. Unfortunately, the pitch doesn't go well and she goes home and tries to think of a different way to express herself in her work (and that's when Emily's sister, Jenna, comes into action and helps Maggie get her "mojo" back). With that out of the way, it's time to focus again on Zoey.

Back at SPRQ Point, she talks with Simon about her dreams/nightmares and he tells her that it's completely  normal to have nightmares after loosing someone - he himself had them when he lost his father - and he told her that reducing stress helped, and that's what Zoey did. All the things that she had to do as "the boss" she gave most of it to everyone else. But, it kind of backfired and everything turned out wrong. And, on top of that, her nightmares didn't stop, even after going back to her place. And here enters the most emotional musical number of the episode - Max singing "Say Something".

I read some comments on this and I kind of agree - Max's complaints don't fit with his character and how close he was with Zoey. He would support her and not pressure her. So yeah, this was probably just a way for Skylar Astin to sing "Say Something". Am I mad about it? Not really. It doesn't 100% fit with the character but I can see someone that never got through something like that thinking that the other person, after 2 months, is "better" and be confused and just wanting to know (because let's be real - Zoey should have opened up to Max). Plus, Skylar's voice is amazing so...

And yeah, Zoey ends up talking to him and that's when our (Team Max) nightmare happens - they decide to take a break.

We all knew this was bound to happen but it didn't make it any less sad. However, yes, it's the right thing to do. I just want to see Zoey happy again and have them together and both feeling happy.

Well, that's basically it. A really important and relatable episode which, although not as happy, still pretty good.

Let me know in the comments what you thought of the episode and if agree that this is super relatable. Also, tell me what you think about how Max reacted, I would love to know what's everyone's opinion on that. And I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Challenge rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment