Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Challenge: Double Agents | Season 36 Episode 6 - "From Theresa With Love"

 

Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everybody and welcome to another great The Challenge episode!

This one didn't top last one but, in a way, I was much more into it.

As you can see by the title of the episode, this was all about Theresa and you never know what to expect from this titles - it can either be about the ones that win the challenge or the ones that go into elimination. This time it was the better option. I'm getting a bit ahead of myself but yes, Theresa and Jay won the week's challenge and that's why I was much more into this episode than the last one.

The week's challenge was so exciting - it's these types of challenges that I like, mini finals - these are the challenges that really show what type of competitor you are and, truly, if you have any chance in a final and, well, I guess Theresa and Jay could win this season if they end up getting their gold skull. And that is why Theresa targeted Ashley this episode - not only Ashley is so shady (as we all know) but she has also won two finals and she ended up in second place in this week's challenge so she was definitely a target.

(Also, before I continue, I need to mention and Lio decided to leave the challenge. It's a bummer because he's a professional wrestler and I was really looking forward to see more of him, but he felt like being in the house was triggering his mental health and so he decided to leave. Somehow, all the shows I've been watching lately have dealt with the same things that I've been going through... wow! Anyway, that decision also meant that Gabby was without a partner and, because Devin was also alone, they ended up getting paired up. Okay, let's go on with the episode...)

So, yes, Theresa and Jay won and so they worked on a plan to get Ashley out. I have to give props to Ashley though - her pitch in the deliberation was really good. She let everyone know that 1) they didn't know if this was a girls or guys elimination and 2) that she was a good competitor and that guys would like to be paired with her in the final. I'll give her that, she had good points, but she's still really annoying about her wins and, in the end, it didn't really matter, she ended up being the one voted in (her and Cory).

Post that, it was time to decide who would go against Ashley. Until the very last minute they were torn between sending in Nany or Kam and, in the end, without knowing if this was a girls elimination, Theresa and Jay decided to vote Kam and Kyle because, to be honest, Kam would most likely beat Ashley (and Nany wouldn't) which was Theresa's plan all along.

And guess what? Kam did send Ashley home (again)! This was a bittersweet win because, on one hand, Ashley is out and I don't like her and Theresa and Jay's plan worked but, on the other hand, Kam was also pissed because she was 'blind sided'. I don't know if I necessarily agree with this because Theresa did hint at Kam that she would go in... You never know, that's right, but she should've been prepared. Also, everyone said that Theresa and Jay made a dumb move but I don't know if I agree... Yes, they pissed of Cory (who's friends with Jay) and Kam but they have the rookie girls on their side and possibly the vets who voted Kam and Kyle in... But, I do think Jay should've given at least Cory a heads up, that's the only thing I think Jay should've done differently. Apart from that, I think this was a great move. Not only Kam got her Gold Skull, neither Cory nor Kyle had to compete and Ashley got eliminated so everyone has a better chance in the final so... I don't know why everyone's so mad at them...

Well, I feel like next week is going to be another great episode. We saw in the trailer that it's a 'water' challenge and we also saw that Fessy has some sort of fight with... Kyle?! I don't know... Josh was also in there but... He always is so, I don't know... My prediction is that Kyle and Kam win the challenge and are the double agents (because Kyle was laughing during that fight and also because Kam talks about not trusting Theresa during the challenge) and that Fessy and Aneesa are the ones to go in... The only thing that doesn't make sense in this scenario is that the next episode is called "Die Another Jay" so... Again, it either means that everything works out fine for him or that he goes into elimination/home so... I'm really curious for the next episode... Maybe it's Jay against Fessy?! That would be interesting but I would be afraid for Jay... Anyway, let me know what you thought of this episode. Would be angry at Jay and Theresa or do you agree with them and you wanted Ashley out? Let me know all your thoughts and I'll see you next week with more exciting rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment