Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist | Season 2 Episode 4 - "Zoey's Extraordinary Employee"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

Back with a new Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist rant and again, this one hit me right in the feels. Not in the same way as the previous ones - those ones were more "sad" and this one had a great underlining message.

This week's episode was all about being happy and doing the thing that make you happy. And it started right away with the first scene of the episode.

It started out with Mo presenting some of his drink creations, to which Zoey says she can't drink otherwise she might feel bad again (not that she's feeling good already). After that she asks Mo how is he able to be so happy all the time, to which he says that he wakes up and he decided that that day will be a good day - aka you decide if your day will be a good one or not and you basically have to manifest it in order for it to become true, which I completely agree and I've been practicing that myself (once again, Zoey being so relatable to be and my life).

From that point on, the whole episode revolved around their jobs and job problems - Zoey with having to fire people from the company, Mo and Max not agreeing with how each other work on the restaurant thing, Maggie having to deal with a flirtatious client and David wanting to quit his job as a lawyer. Well, I guess I'll start with the last one and move on till the main story of the episode (which is Zoey, obviously).

When it comes to David there's really not much to say. Obviously Emily wasn't happy with him wanting to quit his job, but after a talk with Zoey, she realized that she was wrong and so she supported him on his decision - she also wanted to go back to work anyway so... Although a really simple story-line, I really liked that they put it in because it's a bit unusual, let's be honest. Usually it's the man that works and the woman that stays home forever to take care of the kid and here it's the guy that wants to be home with his kid and that's super cute. What's not so cute is how Roger went so hard on Maggie. I mean, it was pretty obvious in the last episode that this would evolve to some flirting, but that was not okay. Maggie lost Mitch so recently (at least it feels really recent to me)... I did like that they mention that she feels kind of guilty for liking to feel desired... Once again, that's a really interesting point and something that isn't really addressed in TV shows and such... However, that whole thing did bring out something nice - Maggie and Jenna's relationship! The both of them playing drinking games! It's something that I never knew I wanted. But now, onto something a bit more concerning...

This whole plot between Max and Mo is great - them being friends and having a project together... I really enjoy it, and I did enjoy the overall message of their story-line - that people have different ways to work and people have to adapt. That is great! However, I don't like where the producers are taking Max's character. He was one of my favorites and this Max doesn't look like the Max from Season 1. Where is the loving and supporting Max? In this season he has been so grumpy and mad at everyone... I understand that he's bummed about the whole thing with Zoey but... C'mon! Ugh!! I guess this makes him more believable?! I mean, the truth is that, in real life, people have good and bad days and you can't be all lovey dovey all the time but... I don't know... I just don't like it... Also, I hope there's something else to it. I know that we'll find out more about Max's relationship with his father so hopefully that explains his odd behavior.

Now, onto the main event.

I can't imagine how hard it is to fire people. But that wasn't the "worst". I'm really sad that George is gone. He was one of my favorite new additions to the show and see him leave so early... It's sad. But, on the bright side, that gave us an amazing musical number with "Stronger" by Britney Spears so... Love that! But, I guess my favorite musical number of the episode was Simon singing "Juice" by Lizzo. That was great! And, since we're talking about the musical numbers, how come there was no Max song in this episode?! I know that the last few episodes have been filled with Max songs but I just love Skylar's voice (and him faking that he's a bad singer?! That was hilarious but it doesn't count).

And well, I guess it's time to talk about the elephant in the room - new love interest for Zoey. At least, that's what we're assuming. So, now it's a love square?

I mean, I read some people's comments on how they didn't understand how they're introducing another love interest when Zoey said she wasn't ready for Max. My explanation is that Max (or Simon, for that matter) was a serious thing, while this new guy, will most likely be just a fling and nothing serious. I don't think he will really be competition for Max or Simon, but we'll see. And I guess that's it for this episode.

I'm really curious for the next episode. Will we see some jealous Max? That sounds interesting to me. Let me know your thoughts on this episode and on this new love interest and I'll talk to you tomorrow with a new The Challenge rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment