Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2021

The Challenge: Double Agents | Season 36 Episode 5 - "Skyfall"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello guys!

I'm so excited to talk to you about this week's The Challenge episode! This was definitely one of my all time favorite The Challenge episodes. It was just really light and, even though there was clearly drama, the center of it all was Big T and you can't have a dull moment when Big T is around. Nor you can be mad at her, let's be honest.

So yes, there was drama in it, but there was also great challenges and a lot of surprises so let's get into it.

The episode actually began with a little argument between Fessy, Cory and Josh, about Fessy going against Nelson and whatnot and, to be honest, I'm glad they just brushed through that. It was enough all that drama on the last episode so I'm glad we got something new this episode. And, in the center of it all, as I said previously, was Big T.

That's right, Big T was the mastermind behind the whole plan this episode. We saw that Tori made a lot of people mad last episode, and I guess the rookies just had enough of it and they decided to do something about it. Well, I feel like the only reason why I'm siding with the rookies is Big T - all the other rookies also rub me the wrong way, to be honest, apart from Gabby. I kind of like Gabby, but I need to see more of her. But, as I was saying, they decided that one of them would win the week's challenge and that they would through Tori against Aneesa. Not only that would 'teach' Tori not to say that the rookies were weak, but also they would get a Vet out and that was kind of a good plan, to be honest. And, I guess everything worked on Big T's favor.

This week's challenge was basically all on the guys - where the girls were suspended and the guys had to pull a rope and then old the girls as long as they could while the girls were suspended (I hope I'm making myself clear) and, before I get into Big T, I need to talk about Jay and Theresa. I've said multiple times that Jay is one of my favorites this season (alongside Kyle) and I think Jay and Theresa work really well together and that showed in this episode. They were the ones that held the longest in the first round! Unfortunately, Big T and CT held the longest out of the two groups, but only separated by 5 seconds. Which is a shame but I hope with this they don't underestimate Jay. I thought he had proved himself last season but... I guess not.

Anyway so, the first part of Big T's plan worked well - she won the challenge and now it was up to the political game to get the house to vote her way. She decided that it was easier to get the house to vote for Aneesa instead of Tori and so that's what she worked on the night where they went out. Well, needless to say that that worked out well for her as well and Aneesa and Leroy were the house vote and, moving straight to the elimination, Big T and CT voted Tori and Devin so... That's it! Her plan worked. I actually loved that she only had that in mind and once she 'finished' her plan, she said that her work was done. I liked that she didn't pull a Kam and started working on other plans. Maybe she'll have another plan, maybe not... But I liked that, for now, that was it.

And well, when it comes to the actually elimination... Yes, it was a girls elimination and... Aneesa won. I was really torn between rooting for Tori and Aneesa but, in the end, I guess I wanted Aneesa to win the most just because I feel like it's about time she wins a challenge. I wasn't her biggest fan in the beginning but now I really feel for her - not only that they underestimate her but also that she has been doing this for so long so I hope she, at least, get to the final. I mean, she already had her Gold Skull so... As of now, she's going to the final. Oh, and I completely forgot to mention but Natalie had to leave the competition (the didn't say in the episode but I read it was because she was pregnant...) and, because of that, they brought back Ashley so Cory is now paired with Ashley. And since we're talking about pairs... Well... Aneesa decided to change partners and got back to Fessy. Ugh! That made my eyes roll. Fessy really showed his true colors last episode and he keeps underestimating Aneesa so... She should have stuck with Leroy - he's a much better partner. Anyway, with that Kaycee got back to Leroy and Devin is now a Rogue agent, which works well for him - not only he already has a Gold Skull but he also can't go into elimination next week and maybe loose it so... Devin has been so lucky.

This was a great episode but I'm also really excited about next week's. It looks like there will be some drama between Theresa and Lolo and, you know, since Theresa is involved, I bet Jay is going to get involved and I really want to see more of him so... I'm curious. Also, I already have some predictions on who might win but I'll leave them for when we get closer to the final. In the meantime, let me know what you thought of the episode and if you agreed with the rookies that Tori was talking a big game or if you were rooting for Tori. And I'll talk to you next week, with new rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment