Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2021

The Challenge: Double Agents | Season 36 Episode 4 - "Duplicity"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everybody and Happy New Year!

It has been a rough start of a new year but, luckily, there's a new The Challenge episode to cheer us up and so let's not waist any time and jump straight into it.

At first glance, this episode was really lackluster, starting with the week's challenge which only one pair was able to finish it. And, to my surprise, it was none other than Devin and Tori. Who would've thought?! Well, that just made them the double agents and they were safe this week. With that, I had no idea where this episode would end up. It's pretty clear that Devin and Tori play completely different games, but I didn't know where they would stand what who they would target. The same goes for the house vote. Well, of course something had to happen before the voting so they had someone to vote for.

Something that I liked right away was that Devin and Tori discussed who they didn't want to vote for and that just made things a bit clearer. However, there was a bit of drama with Josh (who else?) and this time with Jay?! I mean, that was so out of anything and didn't really make sense? Josh just said that he didn't like Jay's energy and so, because of that, he didn't like him and wanted him to go into elimination. That doesn't make any sense! But, what that did was to create some drama and divide the house. So basically there were people voting for Jay and Teresa, and other people voting for Nelson and Amber M - all just because they don't think Amber M is a good competitor and, to be honest, because Devin created some drama with her and with Nelson. Well, the voted team was Nelson and Amber M and that left Devin and Tori a bit confused. On one hand Tori really wanted to get her Gold Skull but the thing is, Liv left the house because she wasn't physically well to stay in the game and so they were a bit lost if this would be a guys or girls elimination, and TJ left that a surprise until the very last minute.

So, Tori and Devin just gambled and they voted for Fessy and Aneesa - just like that! It was really out of nowhere but we, the audience, did see Fessy asking Tori who was voted in, before TJ revealed it, and I guess they made a deal right then and there?! It was a bit confusing but Tori and Devin did vote for Fessy and Aneesa and, in the end, it was a guys elimination so that meant Nelson against Fessy - two friends - on a Hall Brawl. It was a shock to everyone and that really showed Fessy's true colors. 

Although it was expected that Fessy would win (which he did), Nelson put up a pretty good fight and, in a way, I wanted Nelson to win. I'm not a big fan of Nelson but, in this case, because he was in disadvantage, I would love to see him win... But that didn't happen. Fessy won and, with another twist, he chose to change partner and infiltrate Leroy and steal Kaycee. I don't know what he was thinking but it was such a dumb move, in all aspects to be honest. Well, that led to Leroy choosing to be with Aneesa and then Mechie (who was partnered with Liv) was paired with Amber M which I guess was a good thing.

Next episode looks interesting with a pretty hardcore challenge and a bit more drama but... I don't know. This season really has been a surprise and I don't know what to think anymore. I guess I just want Jay to get a Gold Skull now because apart from Kyle, I guess he's the only player that I like.

Anyway, let me know what you thought of the episode and who you're rooting for. Also, what did you think of Fessy's 'strategy' and I'll see you, actually, pretty soon with a brand new show here on the blog.

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment