Pages

Friday, June 24, 2022

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 3 Episode 8 - "Going Bananas"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

Back with another week of rants and I'm starting with the new episode of The Challenge: All Stars.

I was pretty stoked about this one because I had a few theories about what was going to happen in this episode so I was really curious to see if I got anything right. Unfortunately, the only thing that I got right was the fact that someone was going home and it wasn't Nia like he made it look like.

Well, I guess I should just start with that because that was, honestly, one of the first things that happened in the episode. Right before the weekly challenge, TJ asked Veronica about her foot (because she injuried it last episode) and Veronica made it look like it wasn't much but, turns out, she broke her toe and, because of that, she had to go home. Needless to say, I wasn't mad at all! Actually, this is karma! Remember the Treehouse?! Well, first Jemmye and Tina had to leave, then Nia sent Sylvia home and last episode Jonna sent Roni home. And now, Veronica is medically disqualified which only leaves Kailah. I guess karma really is a b*tch.

But anyway, let's move on and talk about the weekly challenge. There were no Sabotages this time but, because Veronica left, that meant the girl that won the challenge would get her star. The actual challenge wasn't much - a memory game - but only two guys and two girls were able to get everything right, so it all came to time. For the boys it was between Derrick and Mark so, either way, I would be happy, but my favourite out of the two did win, which was Mark. When it comes to the girls it was between KellyAnne and Jonna and, although KellyAnne did get it right faster, she also made it the wrong way which meant, ultimately, she got it wrong and so Jonna won - which was also my preference. It's amazing how the winners of the last elimination won the weekly challenge - that just means that they are indeed great competitors.

Moving on to the Authority, I was certain that, for the boys, Derrick was going to be safe but, turns out, you really have to think about all the possibilities and, the truth is, any of the other boys (Wes, Nehemiah and Brad) were going to choose to go against Derrick if Mark chose any of them so, ultimately, Mark decided to give the power of choosing who to go against to Derrick and sent him to elimination.

The girls pick was easier - all the girls wanted to be the ones to choose but I think, in the end, Jonna made the right choice in picking Kailah - again, there goes the Treehouse.

All of this leads us to the elimination where things got interesting but also where we were left with a cliffhanger.

This last elimination is none other that a good old Pole Wrestle and I think both players were smart when it came to choosing their oponents. So Kailah picked KellyAnne, which was the obvious choice, and Derrick went with Nehemiah. Everyone wanted Wes, so they would have a rematch of what happened years ago, but Derrick was smart and didn't pick him, which I was happy about. And that's about it. We saw a little bit of the beginning of the guys round but then they ended the episode and left us on a cliffhanger. I kind of get it though - there's two episodes left and they don't have enough of the final the fill in two episode so they had to add an extra elimination in the beginning of the next one. However, they still showed a preview for the next episode (where we see a little bit of the final) and in that we can year Derrick's voice right at the end of the preview so... I'm sorry to spoil the elimination for you (it would the shocking if I was wrong and Nehemiah wins).

And that's it guys. I guess the only thing left to mention is Bananas' little cameo when Wes went to talk to him on Skype - it was a really funny moment and it made me really miss Bananas on The Challenge (good thing he's going to be on Season 38). 

Post that, let me know your thoughts on the episode and what are your predictions for the elimination - who's going to win? Is it really Derrick? Let me know everything and I'll talk to you soon with that The Flash rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment