Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2022

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 17 - "Keep It Dark"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Well, better later than never, right?! And honestly, I don't feel like I missed much by not watching this live and sooner. This was another of those filler episodes that don't give us anything substancial and just shows why the show needs to end. What's new?!

This particular episode really felt like an early draft of the show that The Flash used to be and it really shows that the writers are lost. There's a number of things here that really bothered me, but one of the main issues were the actual characters. It has been really difficult for me to care about this new characters and more and more we are loosing our old beloved characters. For example, this whole episode was about Allegra and, as much as I don't mind her, I'm just not attached to her either. Also, it just feels like the character has become more annoying as the time goes one and I can't understand her motivations. The same goes for Chuck, who was also really prominent in this episode. Although, I do understand his character a bit better I just... Don't really care about him that much. And apart from those two characters, the only other main one here in this episode was Barry, but even Barry was almost a side character and that always bothers me. It's just really apparent that the Barry centered episodes are way more enjoyable and we don't have a lot of those anymore...

Something else that bothered me about this episode, even though it gave us the only cool thing about the episode, was the introduction of a new speedster. I get it, it's The Flash, it's about speed, but aren't they tired of speedsters?! Plus, this new speedster is introduced as a villain and all I could thing was 'Not Again!'. Luckily, it turns out it is not a villain (as of now) and, as I said, this side plot gave us the only exciting thing about this episode - Tom Cavanagh back! I truly miss him and, as much as I was tired of Thawne always being the villain, I kind of miss him as well and I do have to admit that he was one of the few good villains the show as ever had.

Then, the other main plot of the episode was the one revolving around Allegra and her helping Lydia and catching this gang called the AraƱas which... Was just boring! They're trying to get us to care about Allegra but it's not working. She made dumb decisions, revealed her superheroe identity to the people working at the Citizen and, overall, was a just a lame plot and the villains were boring as well.

I guess the last thing worth mentioning about this episode is a video that Caitlin sent Team Flash saying that she needs some time away which I don't buy it. I'm pretty sure she's going to keep her experiment and try to bring back Frost which I'm not mad about. As I said previously, this Caitlin story-line is way more interesting to me and, honestly, just something simple. I feel like The Flash has been overly complicated and for no reason because all their plots are weak.

Anyway, I guess that's it for this episode but you'll have a new rant pretty soon because the new episode airs tonight so... I guess I'll see you soon. Feel free to hit me up with your thoughts and predictions and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment