Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2022

The Flash | Season 8 Episode 18 - "The Man in the Yellow Tie"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Here I am, as promised, to talk about another The Flash episode.

You know what?! I actually really enjoyed this episode! Sure, the writers didn't know how to end the episode yet again, but I was actually so invested and truly surprised with a lot of the events that took place in this episode!

This episode starts right where the last one left of - with Barry helping Meena with her speed. However, Barry and Team Flash were still not sure about how she got her speed and if it was safe so Barry went to Meena's lab to see the Biometric Lightning Oscillation Chamber (the BLOC). And that's when the episode hits you with something so unexpected! I saw in the credits that Brandon Routh was going to be in this episode so, when Meena talked about her Team and someone that helped her create the machine, I thought instantly that it was going to be Ray but I was so wrong! The person that helped her and that is currently working with her is none other than Thawne! Thawne with his original face, although this is a version of Thawne that doesn't remember his past or Barry. Of course Barry doesn't buy it and not only threatens this new Thawne but, of course, he goes to Lian Yu again to make sure that the 'real Thawne' is still there, which he is! That, right away, left me so confused but so invested in the remaining of the episode!

Well, I don't know how else to explain this but I guess this Thawne is a version from a different time-line, however, we do find out at the end of the episode, via Ray Palmer, that this is the same Thawne that helped the Legends in that show's last season so... I guess that explains it a little bit. But what really makes Barry believe that this is now the same Thawne that he knows and that he isn't evil is that fact that this Thawne is in love with Meena and did put her well being above his own and that's something that 'evel Thawne' would never do! 

Of course there's a whole thing revolving around the Negative Speed Force and Meena goes rogue for a second but, of course, they 'defeat her' through the power of love... As I said, the writers don't really know how to end story-lines and end episodes so that's one of the downfalls of this episode but I guess, overall, it was a really interesting one.

There's other side plots, one of them involving Cecile and her powers growing which, honestly, wasn't that interesting, but there was something else that was! Remember the Green Lantern box that Diggle found at the end of Arrow?! Well, we have been waiting for so long for Diggle to become the Green Lantern and they finally touch on that just for Diggle to open the box and deciding to stay with his family instead of accepting the powers. That was so unsatisfying! We've waited so long for this story to get somewhere for this?! So anticlimatic!

The episode then ends with Deon approaching Thawne, and telling him that it's time for him to fulfill his destiny. This leaves me a bit conflicted because I love Tom Cavanagh and I want to see more of him and I also know that Thawne is one of the best villains but it's Thawne again. It's getting a little repetitive so... I don't know how to feel about this... I guess let's see where this takes us.

And that's it from me for this episode. I'm actually surprised that I enjoyed this episode and was invested in the story. Let me know what you thought of this episode and what are your predictions for the remaining two episodes and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment