Pages

Friday, February 17, 2023

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 19 - "The End of the Ride"


Spoiler Alert!


Hello people!

Back with the final episode of The Challenge: Ride or Dies (okay, there's still the Reunion episodes, but this is the official last one)! Obviously this was going to be epic... sort of. Not saying that this wasn't exciting, but honestly, I was expecting a little bit more from this final episode, and from this final overall.

This episode started with a kind of 'dumb' challenge with them throwing chalk balls from an helicopter that only mattered to have a lead for the next part of the final, which lead to a maze. Initially the maze looked super cool but the only think it did was, once again, choose the order for what was coming next - an elimination - and because Tori and Devin got there first, the where safe from elimination, which meant it was Bananas/Nany against Jordan/Aneesa. Aneesa and Nany against each other wasn't the exciting bit, Jordan vs Bananas was, and it was indeed an exciting elimination but it was super heartbreaking at the same time because Aneesa got really injured and, needless to say, Jordan and Aneesa lost and Bananas and Nany moved to the final round - another elimination like challenge.

That's the thing that 'annoyed' me the most about this final/episode - that this was basically just a bunch of rounds of eliminations and that's not that exciting. Regardless, the Tori/Devin vs Bananas/Nany battle was pretty intense! Bananas and Nany were having the lead but then it came time for a puzzle and guess what? That's right, Devin excelled at that and him and Tori got a huge lead, to the point that Bananas and Nany just completely gave up. That was annoying though... I know that they didn't really have a chance but I wouldn't have completely give up and that looked kinda bad for Bananas. Still, in the confessionals he looked really sorry that he didn't give Nany that win, which was sad...

Well, lastly - Tori and Devin won! I can't say I'm happy with that win because, deep down, I wanted Bananas to win (again) but I'm not sad either. Devin really grew on me this past couple of seasons, unlike Tori, unfortunately, although, both of them really deserved that win so again, I'm happy for them and I think it's a fair win (even if, ultimately, I wanted Bananas to win). 

I guess I don't really have anything else to say about this episode - It was fine... I wanted a bit more out of this final and it wasn't the team that I wanted to win but it was an entertaining final and the team that won deserved it.

Let me know what you thought of the final and who you wanted to win and I'll talk to you next with a new The Flash rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment