Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2023

The Flash | Season 9 Episode 1 - "Wednesday Ever After"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

That's right, The Flash is back and, for once, I was actually really excited about it being back! I didn't necessarily had really high expectations on this particular episode and this particular season, but I was just happy that one of my favourite shows is back and I'm also really excited to talk to you about it.

A lot of people loved this episode - me, I thought it was okay. It did go by pretty fast, so that's a sign that I was, at least, enjoying it, but honestly it's more of the same story. At least, as of right now.

I guess this episode picks up right after the end of last season, just a week after Eobard Thawne's defeat, and we follow Barry being super obsessed with his future, creating a "map book" of future events that will be impactful for his life and Iris' life, including his promotion to director of the Central City Police Department CSI Division, Cat Grant buying Central City Citizen Media and his fight with Captain Boomerang. This part of the episode was pretty interesting and it did remind me of the old Barry - the Barry we had in the first seasons of the show. However, this turns into the same old storyline...

After the fight with Captain Boomerang, the battery that he was stealing explodes and traps Barry and Iris in a time loop. That's when he get to same issues about the future and, although in this episode Barry and Iris had some arguments about the future being something they create and not something that they follow from a book, deep down, it comes to same old issues - The Future. The Future and what Barry does with it... I guess this time Barry tried to be extremely careful and did not mess with the future - instead he tried to be on track which didn't work either.

The basic premise of the episode was that you just have to let the future happen, which is something nice, but coming from The Flash, sounds like something we have heard before (and we likely have heard, to be honest). 

There's not much else to talk about besides the fact that Barry burns the book he created (which is something I thought he shouldn've have done... like, okay, you don't need to be so obsessed with it, but you didn't need to burn it either), he phases with the accelerator, nullifying a nuclear blast, and Chester and Allegra share a kiss - something long overdue!

It's at the very end of the episode that something actually interesting happens - Barry meets with Caitlin and finds she is neither Caitling nor Frost, so who is she?! I bet people that know the comics know who she is but I don't so I'm really curious to find that out. And after that we see Captain Boomerang deliver the power source to a speedster with a Batman emblem, who I don't know who he is either. People are saying it's Red Death (which I have no idea who he is either) but it looks cool so... We'll see...

That's it for my thoughts on the brand new The Flash season! What are your thoughts so far? Do you get the vibes from the first seasons? Personally I'm not that impressed but I have an open mind. Either way, it will be great just for having Stephen Amell back as Arrow so... I'm looking forward to that. In the meantime, let's find out who this new villain is.

Don't forget to let me know all your thoughts in the comments and I'll talk to you in my next rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment