Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2023

The Flash | Season 9 Episode 2 - "Hear No Evil"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

I know, I know... A little late with this review but you know the drill... Life gets in the way and, honestly, I just have way more things to say about The Challenge so I always prioritize that... Plus, this episode of The Flash wasn't that eventful. We did have a few surprises and plots that I wasn't expecting and I can see what they're doing with this season (bringing back old characters and whatnot) but it isn't enough yet to get me really hyped about this final season.

The most exciting thing about this episode really was the whole reveal of Danielle Panabaker's new character - Snow. We got a glimpse of her at the end of last episode but in this one she introduced herself as Snow, a blank slate resulting from the Consciousness Resurrection Chamber's malfunction. And that's why Mark goes to Team Flash - in order to 'reverse' what happened. What he doesn't tell them is that he's not only trying tog et Caitlin back, obviously he also wants Frost back, which results in another malfunction.

Post that, they learn that restoring Caitlin and Frost is impossible and vote on who to restore, but ultimately they let Snow choose. 

At the same time all of this is happening, there's another storyline revolving around Hartley Rathaway who, if I rememebr correctly, got to the good side. However, he sort of almost turns bad again when a new villain, The Fiddler, attacks him and kidnaps his boyfriend. Of course Barry gets him to not do anything bad and they rescue Roderick. However, Mercer steals Hartley's sonic gauntlets and retreats with The Fiddler. 

After that is sort of resolved, we get back to the Snow storyline and she reveals that she wants to be her own person, which obviously makes Mark mad. The worst for him though is the fact that Hartley destroys the CRC, having had a nice coversation with Snow and connecting with her. 

The episode ends with the new speedster using the sonic gauntlets to stabilize into a physical form and revealing that he plans to make Central City pay for Barry's actions.

Overall, nothing really new - just a new character in Snow aka Khione which, to be honest, I don't think it was the right move to make. I know people haven't been a fan of Frost not Catlin in the last couple seasons, but this is the final season, it's already enough that we miss Cisco and Wells and Joe won't be a huge part of this season either, now they killed Caitlin... I didn't love this decision but let's see what this new character brings. Having recurring characters back, such as Harltey, is nice but it isn't enough yet. But once again, it's still really early and I'm still looking forward to having Stephen Amell back so... Maybe it will get way better, I still have hope.

Anyway, let me know what you thought of this episode and what are your early thoughts on this season and I'll talk to you in my next post!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment