Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

American Horror Story: Cult | Season 7 Episode 2 - "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
So, here we are with a new AHS rant!
Once again, I need to point out that the season hasn't reached it's climax (I mean, it's only episode 2) but I think this is getting built up really well.
Not much happened in this episode really. Most of it we had already seen in previous and what we haven't seen was basically exploring Ally's phobias and fears and, like I said, builting it up.
I believe next episode is going to be a lot more interesting, but I'm enjoying it so far.
To me, this season is like a morden version of Asylum, without supernatural stuff and just really bloody and creepy. 
Also, it's pretty clear all the aspects about what the United States are going through right now. I think Ryan Murphy had a brilliant idea on how to put all those things about racism and discrimination out there without being like really 'clear' with it. The show is still about horror and creepy stuff but is also sharing awareness about all the things that have been worrying the americans (and not only americans, all the world but because of Trump and everything, mainly the americans).
I'm really liking what he's doing so I can't wait for me.
True that what I really want is Horror and Blood and all that stuff, and that's the reason why he have Kai's character, I believe, which let me down a little bit in this episode. I feel like we didn't have enough Kai in this episode and that kind of makes me sad.
On the other hand, we had some pretty brilliant performances from Billie Lourd aka Winter.
I wasn't a big fan of Billie's character on Scream Queens but I think Winter is pretty cool and sometimes even creepier and scarier than Kai so, that's a thumbs up.
Then, we have Ally, which is a little bit annoying and I think one of the worse Sarah Paulson's characters. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. Sarah is an amazing actress, but I just don't think this is he best character.
And well, I don't really know what else to had to my rant.
Like I said, this episode didn't show us much. It introduced us to two knew characters though, two pretty peculiar characters so, I'm also interested in seeing what's really up with them.
Ok, I believe that's pretty much it.
I'm sorry if this rant was a little bit 'crappy' but I really don't know what else to say.
Let me know all your thoughts and predictions and I'll see you next week with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment