Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

American Horror Story: Cult | Season 7 Episode 3 - "Neighbors from Hell"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
So, as promised, here we are with the thrid rant of American Horror Story's new season.
I must say that this seaso is starting to get better and better and I trully believe this can match up with Asylum (which is my favourite AHS season so far) in the future. 
From what we have been seeing, this is getting creepier and still I feel so confused about the whole thing.
Yes, there's the murderers thing, which I believe (and I think we all believe) are coming from Kai or, at least, he's the one in charge, but apart from that, I'm really confused and I don't know where this is suppose to go. Nonetheless, I think this season is turning out to be great and it is still creepy and scary, and that's what I like the most about American Horror Story.
In this episode we (or I must say Ally) face the consequences of killing Pedro.
We are led to believe that she is in no 'danger', in terms of getting arrested or anything, because the cop (played by Colton Haynes) says that it was self defence and all that so she won't go to prison or anything, but later we see that he has been hanging out with the creepy neighbors so, I don't know about that. Besides, she might not go to prison, but she has to deal with a protest outside of her restaurant. That's when Kai appears and says that he will dissuade them and then leaves.
That was the creepiest thing about the whole episode. Not the murderers, but the way Kai said that he was going to handle things and then 'Have a nice day". Please, tell me I wasn't the only one creeped out by that sentence. Not that it is a bad thing! It isn't! It is a good thing actually! I love when Evan Peters play creepy characters like this one and I'm really starting to believe that this might actually be the best Evan Peters' character!
Anyway, after that we see the neighbors threat Ally and then they give Oz a guinea pig, to which, at first, Ally doesn't want him to keep it but then, after a family dinner/night (which I thought was pretty cute) she lets him keep it. That's whem they arrive home and find the guinea pig in the microwave and yeah, that was a gross scene (which I still loves, to be honest).
While all of this is happening, a truck also have been dispersing a mysterious green gas throughout the neighborhood the last couple of days, and that's when we are introduced to the toxic element that we see in the credits. This still confuses me like a lot, but hopefully we will get some answers in the next few episodes.
Something else really interesting also happens in this episode. We see The Wiltons individually talking to Kai about their fears and everything.
All of this things don't seem that connected to me. I mean, I think Kai is behind everything but I just don't see how everything is connected or why he's 'doing' all of this things so, also something I hope to find out about in the future.
In the end, Meadow disappears and Harrison blames Ally and that's how the episode ends.
To me, there's still too many questions unanswered but we are still in episode three so, I understand that. At the same time, that is a good thing, because this keeps me guessing and wondering and wanting to see more.
I still don't 'crave' the episodes but I'm still pretty curious about what's going to happen next.
Leave all your thoughts in the comments and I'll see you next week with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment