Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 9 - "Don't Run"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here's the midseason finale rant of The Flash!
Midseason episodes are known for having a lot of information about the whole season and, mainly, ending with a big cliffhanger so that was exactly what happened in this episode.
I must say that this whole episode caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting anything of what happened and, in my opinion, this is really a good step up from last season. Last season was so disappointing, with all the secrets and the guessing who's the villain that, in the end, it was pretty bad and basically everyone 'hated' last seasn so I'm glad that the Producers realised it and changed completely.
We could already tell from the very beginning of the season but this midseason finale is just proof that The Flash can do better and that it isn't a dark show - it is totally different from Arrow and the producers should keep it that way, it works so much better.
So, this episode was the one after the big crossover so, obviously, they had to address it a little bit in the beginning. We see Barry and Iris sorting out their wedding gifts after arriving from their honeymoon.
I must point out the coment that Iris made about Oliver and Felicity marrying the same day... I just hated it! I already disliked Iris and, after that coment... Man, I got so mad. It was such a tiny detail but it messed me up so much. She seemed like she didn't like that fact that Olicity married in the same day WestAllen did and... Ugh! I thought they would like it... I mean, Barry seemed fine with it, just Iris was upset... I think that was such a disrespect to her 'friendship' with Felicity I mean... I thought they were friends! Ugh, let's just move on with the story because this is making me so mad!
Anyway, I also have to point out Barry's comment about not wanting to run anymore because that just made full circle with the ending of the episode, which I thought amazing!
After sorting out their wedding presents, they went Christmas shopping and that was when Barry is ambushed and kidnapped by DeVoe while, in Jitters, Caitlin is kidnapped by Amunet (that little biatch).
Back in STAR Labs, Iris claims they need to look for both of them, despite Wells claiming that they have insufficient resources. 
We see Barry is DeVoe's lair, trapped, which is kind of knew, while DeVoe teaches him a lesson on how there's no happy endings. I mean, with all of this weddings and stuff, I almost forgot the fact that DeVoe was planning on 'attacking' after they got married so, it was a little bit of a surprise to me.
Meanwhile, Caitlin is forced by Amunet to perform surgery on a metahuman named Dominic, who can read minds. They try to escape but Amunet blocks their exit. They are forced to get back and, as she's starting the surgery, Caitlin is able to incapacitate Amunet, allowing her and Dominic to fully escape and then be 'rescued' by Cisco and Ralph, who are able to find her after Iris making the call and choosing to only look for Caitlin, leaving Barry 'alone'.
That was also a surprise to me because, since Barry is the main character of the show, and Iris' now husband, I would thought she would choose to look for him but, at the same time, it was too obvious so... I get that. Besides, looking for him wouldn't allow for the next part of the episode to happen so, she had to.
So, like I was saying... They are able to save Caitlin and, just after that, Barry is also able to escape from DeVoe. I don't know about you but it seemed a little to easy for me but, I don't know, I just didn't pay too much attention into that. Well, I should've because next, when Team Flash is celebrating Christmas at Joe's house, Dominic appears and that's basically when everything changes.
It wasn't that obvious. They invited Dominic so I didn't think something was off. But then, Barry gets an alert from his house. He goes there, just thinking that it's more wedding presents being delivered and that's when he gets a call from Dominic, making known the fact that he's being controlled by DeVoe.
And, in the very end, DeVoe not only reveals what really happend to him and Dominic (that they basically changed bodies or something like that) but also reveals to Barry  that he framed him for his own murder. The police then arrives and that's when Barry says to himself 'Don't Run' (which I think was amazing) and the police arrests him. 
All of this was so unexpected to me! I never in a million years would think that Barry was going to be arrested, and I guess this is the good thing about this villain. Because he isn't a speedster, we don't really know what he's capable of, so I don't know what to expect from him, and that is kind of scary actually!
Nonetheless, this is so good and so exciting and I'm just bummed that I have to wait until January 16th for the new episode... It's going to be a long way.
Anyway, we still have one more episode of both Arrow and Supernatural so expect that in a few days! I'll see you then!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment