Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 9 - "Irreconcilable Differences"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone and here's the last rant of the week (and probably the last rant this year, except for The Challenge, there's still going to be about two/three rants of The Challenge before the year ends).
So, unlike Supernatural, this Arrow episode wasn't that exciting to me. Well, maybe exciting isn't the word because it was a good episode but it was such a sad episode and it got me pretty upset, even thought I think it's going to be a great storyline so... there's that.
I didn't talk about the preview of this episode in my last Arrow rant (which was the crossover) but basically in this episode someone was going to betray Oliver and yeah. that was exactly what happened.
The episode starting great, actually, with Oliver and Felicity celebrating their wedding. This first part had a lot of little details that I really enjoyed but it also had some downs which I'm ok with but I think that's just because I'm an huge Olicity shipper. I love that they mentioned that fact that they got married without telling anyone, I think someone had to mention it and I'm happy it was Thea (even though, like I said in one of my previous Arrow rants, I didn't miss Thea that much so...) but, on the other hand, this first scenes had so many cringy moments. I mean, the whole thing was a little too cringy but I guess they did it on purpose. Also, I'm kind of ok with it because I love Olicity so, I think they can ger away with some cringy moments.
Of course something good can really last in the Arrow world so, while in the reception, Quentin learns that someone from the Team Arrow is testifying against him, to which he says to Oliver.
Oliver feels betrayed, like expected, and tracks the team to see if they have been doing something sketchy.
When I learned about this storyline, my first thought was Rene, Rene was the one testifying against Oliver - either Rene or Diggle, but I found it hard to be Diggle. There was no way it was Curtis or Dinah, that was sure (at least for me), but I guess not for Oliver because Dinah is the first person that he accuses, after finding out that she has been meeting with Vigilante.
That's when Rene steps up and says that he's the one, which got me really happy about myself, because I love being right.
Rene claims that Agent Watson cornered him with evidence that he is Wild Dog, and if he didn't testify, he wouldn't be able to see his daughter again.
Actually, that was the most logical thing to happen, because I couldn't see any other reason for him to do that.
Meanwhile, Lance is kidnapped by Laurel and Cayden James so the Team has to put their differences aside and work togehter in order to save Quentin.
This doesn't end too well. Quentin does gets out of there alive, but Oliver permanently ousts Rene from the Team because he went looking for Lance, abandoning the primary mission and violating Oliver's trust, again.
After that, things get even worse - Dinah and Curtis also get out of Team, not able to trust Oliver anymore, after he tracked them.
To be honest, I don't think the issue here is the fact that Oliver tracked them, but the fact that he tracked everyone except Diggle - which I also don't think it's right I mean, Diggle could also betray Oliver. I would be so disappointed with him but it was possible.
Nonetheless, this leaves me so sad because I hate seeing everyone mad at each other. Plus, how is Oliver going to be able to keep going with the Team Arrow (now the OTA) with Diggle not being able to go to the field and Oliver himself having the FBI after him? I mean, this is going to be pretty hard!
Well, but this doesn't end like that. There's one more scene where we see Oliver, John and Felicity being monitored through and hiddgen camera by none other than Cayden James. But not only him... Him and Laurel, Anatoli, Vincent (aka Vigilante) and Ricardo Diaz! Like, what?! I was so surprised with this!
This is like a Suicide Squad type of thing which is so different from what Arrow have been doing.
I'm really excited to see where this is going so it's going to be so painful waiting almost two months for the show to come back.
The good thing is that we have a lot of time to theoryze so let me know everything that you think it's going to happen and I'll see you next week with a new The Challenge rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment