Pages

Friday, January 19, 2018

Arrow | Season 6 Episode 10 - "Divided"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
This week was the comeback of basically all series and Arrow was one of those.
Althought this episode wasn't as good as The Flash's this week, I still think this gave us something different, which I'll get into depht in a minute (I still think Arrow has better storylines and stuff that The Flash though).
The episode was mainly centered on the fact that now Oliver has to basically do everything by themself because the team slipt up, like we saw in the mid-season finale. One thing that I was really surprised was the fact that the others (Rene, Curtis and Dinah) just stopped being vigilantes. I thought that they 'left' Oliver but were still working together. Well, in the end that's what happens but yeah, let's not jump too far ahead.
We see not only Oliver dealing with doing everything alone, but also see Diggle's struggle in trying to get better of his shaking. Felicity and Curtis are still working on the prototype to 'cure' him, which is nice, and there's this particular scene were Curtis goes to the bunker and Oliver is there and then Oliver says that it's fine him being there and that he appreciates Curtis helping Diggle. I don't know, was it just me or Oliver was throwing a little shade?! Well, the scene was actually funny which is nice to have on Arrow once in a while.
Apart from that, we also follow more of the Cayden James storyline and in the first 10 minutes of the episode both Felicity and Diggle find out about Cayden having a bug in the bunker in order to spy them, which is nice because that bug have been there for ages. Because of that, Oliver goes after Cayden James and that's when he finds about his whole crew - not only Black Siren but also Ricardo Diaz, Anatoli, Vigilante and maybe even someone else that I can't remember (I just know that there's a bunch of them).
Meanwhile, Cayden's crew approaches Jerry Bertinelli and give him an ultimatum: turn over his ports, or Cayden James will kill his daughter. 
After that, Bertinelli tries to contact Oliver aka Green Arrow. There's a bunch of Batman references in that scene, which I really liked because I love Batman but, in the end, Oliver refuses.
He goes back to the bunker and everything and tries to come up with a plan to take down Cayden James. A lot of stuff goes down and then he decides to make that plan with Jerry Bertinelli and the plan was actually working and of course a kick ass fight scene had to happen and there were a lot of similarities to Season 1 Oliver, which is nice and Oliver almost had them, that's when Cayden James gets all his crew and things just don't work well and Jerry Bertinelli is killed in the end.
In the very end, Oliver decides to just give up on 'being mad' with the rest of the team and just says sorry to Rene and everyone and, in that moment, I really thought they were going to get back together and everything but... they didn't. Which was actually good, to be honest. I mean, I really wanted to see them all working together, I hate Dinah and Curtis' attitude towards Oliver and the OTA right now and I just want them to get over it. Surprisingly, the one that I'm not that mad about is Rene, which was the one to testify against Oliver but, I guess I can see his point.
Anyway, they don't want to get the team back together, they say they can't trust Oliver yet and yeah, that's pretty much how the episode ends. And, like I was saying, this was actually good because I was expecting to things to work out, which is what usually happens, and that makes me really mad sometimes like, that doesn't really happen in the real world. In the real world people stay 'mad' for a while so it was nice to have them not get back togehter yet. Plus, this gives more room for storylines and everything so I look forward to it.
But, before I end, I need to say one thing. There's one thing that is making me mad about this whole thing which is not knowing what Cayden James' plan his. I mean, I trully believe a season is as good as it's villain and, so far, Cayden James is boring af, almost as bad as Darhk so, you see the drill. But, let's see... Maybe there's something 'good' coming.
Let me know all your thoughts on Arrow's comeback and I'll see you in a few minutes with a new Supernatural rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment