Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The Flash | Season 4 Episode 12 - "Honey, I Shrunk Team Flash"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys once again.
Like I promised you, here's a brand new The Flash rant!
This was a pretty special episode because it was my 'comeback' to watch live and live tweet during The Flash. Long story short, my Uni schedule didn't really let me be awake until 1am (which is when the episodes air here in Portugal) so I couldn't watch it live. But right now, it's exam season and I don't have any exams which means I'm basically on holidays, which also means I can watch my series live. Because of that, this episode was pretty special but, if I'm being totally honest with you, this wasn't my favourite episode this season. It sure had it's moments like the whole Cecile thing (which I'll get into in a minute) and the shrunking thing was also pretty funny. Oh, and the ending was quite something but, overall, this episode didn't got us through the main storyline, which is what I'm more 'concerned' about and worst, because of last weeks episode (don't get me wrong, I loved last weeks episode) I had almost forgotten about the whole DeVoe thing, which is not ideal. But yeah, let's get onto the main events of this episode.
The episode starts right away with one of my favourite things - Cecile having powers! Turns out she develops telepathic abilities as a result of her pregnancy, combined with dorman dark matter in her cells which, according to Caitlin, is something temporary, which is nice because, althought I loved the fact that she has powers and mainly this type of powers, I don't know how I would feels about her being a 'full meta', if you know what I mean so, I'm liking this storyline.
Moving on to the other really funny part of the episode, of course there had to be some type of meta messing with the city. This time is a guy named Sylbert Rundine, who has the ability to shrink and enlarge objects. Of course Team Flash goes and tries to stop him and, in doing so, Cisco and Ralph end up shrunken, which is the really funny part.
The not so funny part is the fact that, if they don't reenlarge within a certain period of time, they will go nuclear so, in order to prevent that from happening, Harry starts working in a way to reenlarge them. His plan goes terribly wrong and Ralph and Cisco end up with even less time to which they have to proceed to Plan B, which is tricking Rundine to reenlarge them. For a moment, I really thought this was going to end badly but Team Flash always gets the job done and, in the end, they are able to trick him and then arrest him. 
Meanwhile, in prison, Barry learns about the reason why Big Sir is in prison and also learns that he's actually innocent. And what are the odds that the guy that really killed the person that they thought Big Sir killed is the guy that Cisco and Team Flash is after? (Did this make sense?) Well, turns out Rundine is the one that really killed the man and not Big Sir and so, Team Flash tries to get a confession from Rundine but it didn't happen so, after knowing Big Sir's wish to one day return to a Chinese village and not being able to free him the 'right' way, Barry just uses his speed and takes Big Sir to that Chinese village.
Back in prison, that's when the biggest plot twist happens.
Turns out there was an hidden camera that got Barry, ending with his new warden finding about him being the Flash but not only that. He also sedates him and locks him somewhere else with the intention to sell him to Amunet, like what?! I wasn't expecting that at all! Plus, I just thought that girl was gone like seriously?! With everything that's happening that's the last thing they needed. Plus, the woman is just annoying af and I just want her gone, really!
Anyway, that's it for today's The Flash episode.
Not my favourite one but still good and with really funny storylines that only The Flash can do.
Let me know what you thought about the episode and tell me if you were expecting that plot twist at the end because I know I didn't!
Until Friday!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment