Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Arrow | Season 4 Episode 19 - "Canary Cry"


Spoiler Alert!

I know, I'm posting this really late, and I'm sorry about that, but I've told you on my twitter that I was only going to be able to post this today and so, here I am to do it.
There was a lot of controversy about this episode because Laurel stans where mad that she was killed off the show and so they didn't want people to watch this episode. And, on the other end, there was people saying that, if you loved Laurel so much you should watch, at least, this episode, because this episode was entirely dedicted to her and this was your last opportunity to see her.
I'm with the last ones. I'm going to keep watching the show anyway, and I'm not really a fan of Laurel but if you are, you should've, at least, watched this last episode, but yeah... Let's get in to the real rant.
So, as I said before, this episode was basically all about Laurel and how everyone is dealing with her death. It was also about Black Canary's 'reputation' because, right after Laurel died, a 'Black Canary' appear and started going after everyone to do with Ruvé Adams. And, I don't know about you but, was I the only one to notice the girl, right in the beginning of the episode, when they are all in the hospital's corridor? I just saw that girl and found really awkward that they put someone pass there in that type of scene but I thought 'well, there's other people in the hospital, that happens in real life' but then, when that Black Canary appeard I knew it was that girl.
Anyway, the Arrow Team go after all the leads that they have and, I think I should mention this now, because it is a big thing, I guess, is that Felicity is back on the Team, which is great! Back to what I was saying... They end up discovering who that girl is and they also discover that her parents were working for Damien Darhk, kind of against their will, and that's why she was after everyone to do with Darhk, starting with Ruvé, his wife.
While all this happens, we also see Captain Lance deal with Laurel's death which, let's just say, it's way worse than the rest of the team. Lance is in denial and he keeps looking for a way to get Laurel back, and he even goes to Nyssa asking for her help.
And then, there's also Diggle who is not only dealying with Laurel's death but is also dealying with his brother's, Andy's, betrayl. Because of that, he ends up going after Ruvé Adams but, luckily, Oliver gets to him in time, and he ends up not doing anything, anything that he would've regret.
Unfortunately, things get a little bit bad because of Diggle's actions. Ruvé ends up demanding that the vigilantes get arrested and so she sends and anti-vigilante team to go after them.
To finish it off, the 'fake Black Canary' gets to Ruvé and she's about the kill her but, again, Oliver gets there in time and he talks her out of killing Ruvé. Of course, Ruvé takes this to make Black Canary seem like an assassin and of course Team Arrow has to do something so, in Laurel's funeral, Oliver tells everyone that Laurel was the Black Canary and we even see it in the very end of the episode, written in Laurel's tombstone "The Black Canary" which I really liked!
I also might just add that Barry did appear in this episode. The same scene has we've already seen before and, again, he sayg that he's late because of Zoom so... not to do with this show but, I'm really excited to see what's going to happen in The Flash.
After that we also see the car scene between Oliver and Felicity, where she tells him that he has to kill Darhk.
In terms of flashbacks, we just see some Laurel past scenes, just like when Tommy died and when Oliver leaves her to return to Lian Yu.
Overall, this was a nice episode. I feel like it was a needed episode. We needed this closure for Laurel's character and I feel like, from now on, everything's going to be way more real, because everyone is sad/angry about Laurel's death, and that's a pretty strong reason to kill Darhk.
Tell me your thoughts. Do you agree with me? Do you think this was a needed episode? Also, what do you think about Laurel's death? Are you sad that she's gone or do you think it was a 'nice way to end' her character? Let me know everything.
Until next time! (Hopefully Thursday)
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment