Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Arrow | Season 4 Episode 23 - "Schism"


Spoiler Alert!

Another season of Arrow has come to an end, and with the episode that everyone was waiting for.
Although we kind of got what we wanted, we didn't get the end we were waiting for, at least, for me.
I felt like the ending was really poor, it was good, but I was expecting more. They built such a high storyline for Damien Darhk, just to end like this. But, I'll talk more about it later. Let's analyse everything that happened in the season finale, so...
The episode started in a really good way, with a short resume of everything that happened during the season, which was nice! But,  at the same time, not that good, because the first main thing that happened in the episode was that Damien Darhk got to steal the computer that was locked in from Rubicon and he launched 15,000 missiles, leaving Team Arrow with only 2 hours to stop them.
The next scene was one that I quite enjoyed. Even though what a lot of people have been saying, one of my favourite things about this episode was Oliver's speech about the city being united! As cliché as it was, it was a really good speech and I almos cried. I know, silly, but I really liked it and I love scenes like that so... Also, I really liked the fact that Curtis helped Team Arrow in this episode. I don't really remember if he helped last episode, but I don't think so. But in this one, he was almost the key. He was the one who gave the best ideas and, to be honest, I really like when he joins the Team, everything is way more funny!
This episode went by really fast so, the next thing we saw was the major battle,  which wasn't that major, at least, in my opinion. 
So, Oliver went after Darhk, while Thea, Felicity and Merlyn (yeah, that's right, Merlyn changed sides again) tracked Rubicon. When they find it, they see Cooper and Felicity manages to talk him down from helping Darhk. Sadly, Darhk ends up killing him through his magic. Team Arrow isn't too bothered about Cooper's death and just get into the business and try to stop the missiles, and that's when Curtis has a brilliant idea, and they end up  really stopping the missiles.
Meanwhile, Oliver, with the help of the rest of the city, is able to nullify Darhk's powers, leaving him to just have a 'body to body' fight.
Of course Darhk's men come in action and that's also when the cittizens come in action. While the citizens fight Darhk's men Oliver battles Darhk and... Yeah, he ends up killing Darhk, which was what all of us wanted but... It just felt anticlimactic. It was so easy, even though we saw a big fight. I was just expecting something bigger, and I know most people were expecting it too.
And, the only thing that was kind of surprising to me was the fact that Lance, Thea and Diggle, after all of this, decide to leave the Team and go live a 'normal' life. Of course they are coming back, because none of those actors are leaving the show, but still... It was a little bit surprising for me.
Then, we just see Oliver turning to be the Mayor of Star City, which I quite liked and the very last scene, between Oliver and Felicity was another of my favourite scenes of the episode, when Felicity asks Oliver if he thought she was going away as well and then saying 'Not a chance', which just warmed my heart.
And that was basically it. Once again, there was flashbacks but still not important. I feel like this season the flashbacks were so unecessary...
Anyway, this were my thoughts about the Season Finale.
Overall, a season finale a little bit disappointing, although it was a good one.
Let me know what did you think about the Season Finale. Were you guys also expecting something bigger? Tell me everything.
Until next season!
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment