Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

Arrow | Season 4 Episode 20 - "Genesis"


Spoiler Alert!

With only 3 more episodes left, Arrow presented us, this week, with a pretty different and, for me, pretty exciting episode.
I loved this episode because of the fact that you got to see Team Arrow act on their own like, they were apart for most of the episode and I think that's pretty cool. Also, all the magic thing is pretty damn cool too and, of course, we got some little Olicity scenes which were enough for me. Of course I wanted more but... It wouldn't make sense if something more happened.
Anyway, I think I should get in to the actual rant.
Right at the beginning of the episode we see Darhk kill two of the remaining board members of H.I.V.E. Starting with a bang! So, you can basically see where this is going.
In this episode, like I said before, we got to 'play' a little bit more with magic so, of course, there was another mention of Constantine. Unfortunatelly, he wasn't in the episode but someone else was. So, in order to beat Darhk, Oliver (and Felicity) go meet a shaman called Fortuna, who's going to teach Oliver about dark magic and how he can beat it.
We got to learn more about Darhk's magic and, of course, how Oliver can fight it. So, it seems like, as we already know, Darhk's magic comes from dark and death so, in order to defeat him, Oliver had to channel light and hope, which we learn isn't that easy to Oliver, because he's dark side is too strong, and Fortuna even give up and tells that to Oliver, that there's nothing he can do.
Right in that moment, all I could think was that maybe Felicity could defeat Darhk, and that would be a major plot twist! But then, I remembered that she couldn't because she doesn't have the tattoo that Constantine gave to Oliver, because that's why Oliver might be able to fight Darhk.
While all of this is happening in Hub City, in Start City Diggle is dealing with Andy. 
He finds him (Diggle finds Andy) and goes after him, which doesn't go too well. Diggle ends up captured. He manages to get out but, we learn after that it was Andy/Darhk's plan all along, so they could put a tracking device on Diggle and find out where Lyla and Sara were hidding.
Let's just say that Darhk ends up finding them and that's when the Team reunites again...Kind of.
Felicity helps Diggle with Sara and then Diggle goes (again) after Andy. He ends up killing Andy, which was kind of a shock to me! I really wasn't expecting him to kill his brother, even though I wished he would because you really couldn't trust him!
And, while this is happening, Darhk gets to Layla to steal, what we find out later, a control device to the world's nuclear weapons. Oliver ends up showing and that's when we see him fight Darhk with his light, which left Darhk really surprised! He manages to knock Darhk down and then leaves with Layla to get her to a safe place.
With all of this happening, you might be wondering, where is Thea?
Well, let's just say that that was the weirdst part of the episode. It was cool, but weird. I kind of felt like it didn't belong to Arrow, this didn't match the show but... yeah...
So, Thea thinks that she's on holiday with Alex. In fact, she's in an underground city. 
It seems like Alex have been taking the yellow pills that Darhk gives to the ones he's in control off, and that's basically how Thea ended up there.
She finds out because of the things that keep repeating like the sounds of birds and etc. She later tried to escape and that's when she runs into an eletric field. That scene reminded me a lot of The Hunger Games and I just can't keep thinking that they must have taken that scene from The Hunger Games because it looks so much like the arena from Catching Fire. Seriously! Please, tell me I'm not the only one that thought about that.
Anyway... The last thing that I have to mention is that the Team (and ourselves too, kind of) find out what's Darhk's plan. He's planning on detonate nuclear weapons all over the world and built a new one over the ashes.
I feel like the next three episodes are going to be huge so I can't wait for them!
Let me know your comments about this episode! In my opinion, it was a pretty cool episode. A little too 'fantasy like' maybe but, overall, a great episode.
And yeah, I'll see you, hopefully, tomorrow with a new TVD rant (don't forget to live tweet with me tonight!)
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment