Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Vampire Diaries | Season 7 Episode 21 - "Requiem for a Dream"


Spoiler Alert!

I can't believe next episode is going to be a season finale.
This season have gone by so fast!
But, anyway, that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to talk about how this episode was... and how amazing it was!
Once again, this episode was directed by Paul Wesley, and he also does an amazing job with 'his' episodes and, of course, this one wasn't exception.
The episode begins with a rather weird scene. Were were 'inside' Bonnie's head and we were seeing everything that she ws going through and, for moments, I believed that everything that was happening was true but, luckily, it wasn't. Nonetheless, the things didn't really go that well.
So, it seems like Bonnie is struggling to wake up. She's fighting the urge to kill all her friends and she even rather die than wake up and be after all of them. 
In order to wake her up, they decide to get inside her head, as a dream, and try to wake her up. Let's just say that basically all of them have to try it. Caroline is the first one though. They thought that, because she was Bonnie's friend before she became a vampire, that might make Bonnie see that Vampires aren't that bad and maybe she would wake up and not want to kill them. Well, the things don't go as plannes. She ends up stabbing Caroline, in the dream, but Caroline ends up marked by it in the real life, which means, when Bonnie wakes up, she will be the first person Bonnie will go after.
Stefan warns Caroline about that but she just doesn't care and Stefan ends up 'vervaining' her and kidnaping her.
So, since Caroline couldn't wake Bonnie up, the 'next one in line' was Enzo. Enzo's her boyfriend and that might work. (By this time, I knew that it would be Damon the only one to wake her up but... Let's just keep going.) They have a pretty cute moment in the dream (Bonnie and Enzo) but... She ends up stabbing him anyway and, well... Enzo is marked, just like Caroline. 
The last one to try is Damon, and Damon tries a different approach, which I quite liked! He makes her so angry saying a lot of things about the good times he had with Elena and Bonnie ends up trying to kill him and then... She wakes up!
Well, it wasn't the best thing to do, to be honest, but at least it worked.
Bonnie wakes up pretty angry at Damon and, even though she didn't mark him, she's going after him first. And that's when Matt comes into 'action'. He tries to change her mind and, he kind of does, apart from Damon. Bonnie tells Matt that she won't go after any of them but only if they (her and Matt) kill Damon first. Matt agrees with it, just for us to find out later that it was kind of a trap and, when she's about to kill Damon, Matt shots her with something to put her down (not kill her).
Anyway, meanwhile all of this is happening in Mystic Falls (yes, that's right, we are back to Mystic Falls), Stefan tries to make Caroline understand that she has to run, because Bonnie is after het, but Caroline doesn't want to. She ends up, then, realizing that Stefan was right and they finally have that talk that everyone (apart from me) were waiting for and so, Stefan and Caroline get on the run.
To end it all, we see that might be a chance that Bonnie get back to her old self. 
Enzo finds out that, if they unlink Bonnie's life to the last everlasting, that might break the link that she has with Rayna and make her stop going after vampires and just be the witch Bonnie that she is. But, the thing is, the last everlasting is inside the armory and... well... They opened the vault and god knows what was inside it. And I'm sure that's where the next season is going to!
I always thought that vault storyline was pretty interesting and I'm almost 100% sure that that is going to be the main storyline for next season so, my predictions are that they will break the link betweetn Bonnie and Rayna, and Bonnie will be back to her old self but something really bad is going to happen while they are inside the Armory.
And that was what happened in The Vampire Diaries. But, I always have to talk a litte bit about The Originals so... here are my thoughts.
I'm so mad about it right now! This episode left me really mad and sad at the same time! I predicted that they would kill Davina but... I never thought it would really happen! And not like this! Plus, they had to kill my two favourite characters, Davina and Lucien! Seriously, so done! When I thought that this is going to be my favourite season... I mean, it still is but... I just can't believe Lucien is really dead. And, even thought I never really liked Marcel, I'm so in Marcel's side right now. I just want, at least, Freya dead and, well.. I don't really want Klaus or Elijah or Kol dead but... I'm so mad at Elijah right now too that... I don't even know anymore...
Anyway, you got it already so, let me know in the comments your thoughts about both The Vampire Diaries and The Originals episodes and please, tell me I'm not the only one that loved Lucien!
That's it. We'll see you next week the TVD's Season Finale (can you hear me crying?!)
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment