Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Containment | Season 1 Episode 5 - "Like a Sheep Among Wolves"



Spoiler Alert!

I gotta say this again, this series gets better and better!
And, even thought you might think that I'm sad with the news that we got last week, I actually am not. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, last week it was confirmed that Containment will only have one season, this one. It looks like it was their plan all along, that's why they launched it as a limited series event, but they were still thinking if they should have a second season or not and, even though it had more views than iZombie, which is the series Containment is 'replacing', I guess it wasn't just enough and so, last week, they officially cancelled the series.
So, as I said before, I'm not sad about it. I always said, even in my rants, that I didn't see the series going as far as one season. Yes, it is a great story, but that is it, a great story for one season.
And yeah, I think I've talked too much already so... Let's get into the proper rant.
This episode got me with all the feels! I must say it was my favourite episode so far, and not just because Chris Wood looked super hot in this one (but it was a little bit because of that).
So, basically, the episode was all about getting food to the people inside the cordon and, oh man, how much trouble that simple job brought.
First, Lex was kind of 'fired' from being the 'front man', which is now their 'boss' (excuse me, but I just can't remember his name).
Then, just all the food drop thing was a lot of trouble. People were already getting hungry, like real hungry, so they just couldn't wait to get their food. But, that wasn't the big problem. The big problem was the gang that took over Teresa and her mum's supermarket last episode. They've heard about the food drop, of course, everyone did because everyone was supposed to go there to get  one box, but that gang thought they were better than everyone and got there and stole all the boxes. 30% of the people inside the cordon still got their box but the majority didn't, because those assholes stole them all! 
Seriously, you don't know how pissed I am! Even if all the virus thing wasn't enough, that gang had to show up and ruin everything. I was feeling the exact same thing as Jake was! I was really really pissed!
And then, after all of this, we also kind of fnd out that they have all been lying to us (watchers and characters). It looks like patient zero, wasn't really patient zero. 
Katie starts looking and even go and asks Dr. Cannerts who clearly lies to her. Turns out it was Dr. Sanders or her husband who were the patient zero, or even someone else! Katie finds out that they died before they find about patient zero, which means they got infected first! And she also find out that the documents and video tapes have been erased, which means, someone is clearly keeping something secret.
So, it looks like the doctors, the feds and who knows who else, are all together, lying about something. And, the truth is, I never really paid attention to this. I guess it just passed through me because I didn't realise that Dr. Sanders was infected before patient zero. I guess I got to pay more attention to the details.
And yeah, that was basically it. But, I think I should mention some other things that I quite enjoyed in this episode, afterall, it is my favourite episode so far!
One of those things that I really liked was all the Lex and Jana relationship. I think I always mention this in my rants, but they are just so cute, even thought they weren't really together in the episode!. And you know I'm all about the ships! 
Something that I also enjoyed was the fact that Jake kind of admitted that he loves Katie and, once again, I'm all about the ships so...
Oh, and that last scene when Jake is burning the body of his cop friend and the other little girl, damn that scene was intense! I felt so sorry for Jake and so sad as well... And then, at the same time, I just couldn't stop thinking how hot Chris looked in that scene. I know, inappropriated timing but, I just couldn't help it!
And yeah, I think this concludes my rant about this episode!
So far, my favourite episode, for sure!
Let me know what did you think about this episode and I'll see you next week with a new one.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment