Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 7 - "Killer Frost"


Spoiler Alert!

I Called it! I called it guys, Julian is the Alchemy!
I knew it! Since episode three I have been saying that Julian was Alchemy and I was right!
I'm sorry to start the rant right away with this big spoiler, but I just had to. The thing that have been the most intriguing for me since the beginning of the season was Who's Dr. Alchemy? and now we got the answer! 
We now know that Dr. Alchemy isn't really the big villain this season, which I should've already expected, after Arrow with it not being Church and being Prometheus and with The Vampire Diaries with it not being Sybil but Cade but, I don't know, it just never crossed my mind until last week's episode.
Anyway, I guess I should really start with the rant.
So, as you've seen by the title of the episode (and from what I have been saying for about three weeks) this episode was a lot about Caitlin becoming Killer Frost. To be honest, I thought this would be so much more about Caitlin than what it really was.
Basically the episode starts where the last one left off, with Savitar almost killing Barry, but then he decided to just race Barry across the city. Cisco, Caitlin, Iris and HR were 'seeing' everything at the Star Labs, that's when Iris says that both Cisco and Caitlin need to help Barry, so Cisco opens a breach to where Barry is and Caitlin uses her powers to save Barry against Savitar. Obviously, Savitar doesn't die, but we'll get to that later.
So, it turns out that it was the last drop about Catilin's powers, and she soon starts to becoming Killer Frost.
She goes to the police and lies to Joe just so she can interrogate one of Alchemy's 'followers' ending up in also abducting Julian in order for him to find other Alchemy's followers so they can tell her where Alchemy is so he can take her powers out of her.
They end up catching her (Barry and Cisco), but Julian ends up in the hospital and Caitlin tells all the truth about Cisco's brother, Dante, being alive and just dying because of Barry creating the Flashpoint.
Also, in that moment, Joe can't take anymore about Wally being imprisoned in the cacoon he ended up in last episode, and he decides to break it, ending up in it 'exploding' and Wally running away, confused, now with speed powers.
They realize that they need Caitlin's help in order to make Wally feel 'fine' again so Barry says that she can get out if she kills him, which she doesn't do, obviously, making her old self come back again.
And that was the end of the Caitlin/Killer Frost storyline. It seems like a lot, writting everything down, but in the episode it seemed a little, mostly because of the ending and everything. It sure won't be the end of Killer Frost because Caitlin still has her powers so we will see more about her and the powers and maybe even find a way to get them out of her but, until then, I think we will focus on Savitar.
Anyway, so Joe and Barry find Wally and give him the serum so he feels fine and he gets back to the Star Labs and starts doing some tests about his speed, making this the 'beginning' of Kid Flash on our real timeline.
And now, the last part of the episode, which was the most exciting for me.
So, obviously, Julian saw Caitlin and he was going to turn her to the police so, in order for that not to happen, Barry goes to the hospital to talk to him. Julian agrees in lying to the police but only if Barry resigns from the CCPD. I swear to god, that moment made me really mad! I know Barry haven't been on the lab much this season but still, it's his job and I just didn't want to see him without it. Also, in that moment I realized that something was really off with Julian and it was then that I was sure he was Alchemy. I didn't thought they were going to tell us that in that episode so, when that last scene happened, you know, that every last scene that is always really exciting happened I was so happy that I was right! I was also a bit surprised because first we only see someone calling out Julian's name, so I thought 'Ok, so he's not Alchemy but he was a meta in Flashpoint', but then, we see Savitar talking to him and I was like 'No, he's definitely Alchemy' and then we see Julian opening a drawer with Alchemy's costume in it! And in that moment I just screamed and I was seriously really happy to find out that I was right! 
Anyway, and that was how the episode ended. Surely, one of my favourite episodes, althought I thought it would have a lot more Killer Frost in it but still, it was so good to finally find out that I was right about Dr. Alchemy.
Let me know guys if you were also right about Dr. Alchemy and, unfortunately, there won't be more rants this week but, tune in next week because from Tuesday to Saturday there's going to be a new rant everyday because of the crossover! I'm really excited for that! 
So, yeah, I'll see you next week with a week full of rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment