Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Supergirl | Season 2 Episode 8 - "Medusa"


Spoiler Alert!

So, it starts!
That's right guys, our biggest crossover ever started last night with Supergirl's episode and, just like I said I would, I'm doing a rant of every episode in this crossover, starting with Supergirl.
To be honest, I don't really know why I'm doing this rant, because the only part crossover related in this episode was the very last 5 minutes or something... Ok, we had some clues during th episode but basically, just like I have read, this was just the set up for the crossover that is going to happen in the next episodes of The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow.
Anyway, I'm doing a full rant of the episode because I need to talk about my baby Chris Wood.
If you don't follow Supergirl you might not understand some things in this rant so, I'm sorry about that.
So, the episode starts with Cyborg Superman unleashing a virus in the alien bar that kills all the aliens that were there, except for Mon-El (Chris Wood's character).
And, since we are already on the topic of Chris Wood, and since I haven't talked yet about this character of his... Let me tell you that, this character is so different from what I'm used to from him. I mean, Mon-El has basically the same sense of humor as Kai did and he doesn't have a beard here so, it kind of reminds me Kai but, at the same time, it's so different. I don't know, I just know that I love seeing him on my TV and that I will watch anything that he is in.
Ok, now back to the story.
Mon-El doesn't die but he is kept in quarantine (throwback to Containment). And basically the rest of the episode is about Kara and the rest of the DEO trying to find a cure so they can save Mon-El, as well as trying to stop Cadmus from unleashing the virus in a 'global' scale.
Meanwhile all this, Alex also comes out to Eliza, about her being gay, as well as Mon-El, in a 'dying state', kisses Kara. (Un)Fortunately, when they find the cure, he lies to Kara saying that he doesn't remember anything and, since, until now, Kara doesn't really have feelings for him, she doesn't tell him anything either.
And, because I always have to give my opinion on the ships... I seriously don't know what to think about them. I'm not a big fan, to be honest, but I can 'tolerate' them together, if they eventually really end up together, which I do think will happen because we also find out in this episode that some aliens are looking for Mon-El, in order to kill him (I think).
Now, the connection to the crossover.
While all this was happening, every now and then a breach opened, but no one came out of it. Just in the very last scene of the episode, we see Barry and Cisco coming out of it while Kara arrives at her house. Barry tells her that they have a problem in their Earth an that they need her help. And, like this, the crossover is set up.
As you can see,  not much in this episode was crossover related, but I decided to do the rant anyway, because I thought it would make more sense.
So, tomorrow a new The Flash rant will be up! Unfortunatelly, I won't be able to watch it live tonight but I'm going to watch the Arrow episode live so, excited for that!
Anyway, let me know in the comments your thoughts about this episode, and tell me if you already watched Supergirl before the crossover or if you just watched this episode because of it.
Until tomorrow!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment