Pages

Friday, November 4, 2016

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 5 - "Monster"


Spoiler Alert!

I swear to god, this superheroes series are getting better and better!
First, it was Arrow's episode which was amazing and now, this phenomenal The Flash episode!
I'm so glad that in this episode Julian was back and, I would even say that he was a big part of it, which I loved!
So, in this episode we had two major 'storylines', the one with the monster (in which Julian was major) and the Caitlin storyline, which was the one which the episode started with.
We see for the first time Caitlin's mum, when she goes to her medial center to get examined because of her new found powers. It was nice to see Susan Walters in one more series, always playing the mother. Although, this time, she was way more 'rigid' and cold
But yeah, she didn't get very far when examining Caitlin, so Caitlin just goes back to the STAR Labs.
Although she didn't do much there, in the medical center, she spent a lot of time there, so when she got back with the Team, a lot have also happened in Central City.
That's when we get into the second storyline, the monster.
This monster made us know a lot more about some characters that we didn't know much yet, such as the new Harrison Wells (now HR) and Julian.
Starting with HR, Cisco is suspicious about him, first, because of the way he talks and then because he noticed that he never really helped them. Barry starts noticing that as well so they decide to vibe HR, but since they couldn't find him, Cisco started searching in HR's stuff and found somethings recorded. That's when HR appears and tells them that he's both a scientist and a novelist and that he's in this Earth to research for his upcoming book.
Still, Cisco doesn't really buy it and, by the end of the episode, after they catch the monster (which I'll talk more later), he finally tells them that he isn't really a scientist and that in his earth, he worked alongside with someone else and that someone else was the real scientist, he was just 'the face'.
The Team decides to give him another chance but, in my opinion, HR is hidding something else. I don't really buy all his story. It might be true, but there's something else. That's just my opinion.
Back to the monster...
The Team discovers that the monster is just an hologram operated by a 15-year-old boy that felt like an outsider.
So, as you can see, the monster story wasn't really big, it was just big for us to find out more about HR and Julian.
And, talking about Julian...
Let's just say that through out the whole episode, we see Barry and Julian arguing, but, when they are about to catch 'the monster', Julian tries to kill the kid and that's when The Flash/Barry appears and stops him from shooting the kid.
Later, we see Barry and Julian talk and Julian finally opens up about his story.
We learn that he was part of a rich family in England but he was kind of an outsider (just like the kid he was about to shoot). He wanted to be a scientist instead of learning which fork to use for what, so that's why he decided to go to America, to be a great scientist. But, as soon as he gets what he wanted, things change and metahumans are now a thing, a thing that he doesn't really understand.
In that moment, I felt really bad for him and I even shed a tear.
This reminded me of how much I love Tom Felton and it made me love him and his character even more, and I'm so glad that he's in this show!
In the end, Barry asks him to have a drink, to what he agrees.
I got really happy with all of this but, that's when I reminded that I had a theory that Julian was Alchemy, and right now, I didn't really want that to happen. I'm linking this Julian storyline and I woud love to see him and Barry being good friends. But, the same time, him being Alchemy would be such a plot twist so, I don't know, I'm really torn.
Anyway, that was basically how the episode ended. After that, we had the little clip that we always have and this time it was another Caitlin clip that wasn't really exciting for me. We already know that Killer Frost's storyline is coming so... Wasn't really an exciting ending. Apart from the Julian thing, obviously.
So, let me know in the comments your thoughts about the episode and tell me if you think that Julian can be the Alchemy.
I'll see you.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment