Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

American Horror Story: Roanoke | Season 6 Episode 10 - "Chapter 10"


Spoiler Alert!

So, here it is, the final episode of American Horror Story: Roanoke and, of course, I'm here to rant about it.
I think I should start by saying that this episode was a little disappointing for me.
You know, I was really excited for this episode, I though it was going to have an huge plot twist and... lets say... it didn't have.
Anyway, basically the episode follows the 'last' survivor of Roanoke, which we thought was Lee (I'll get more into why isn't her in the end). So, the episode follows Lee through three other series, Crack'd, which was about her going to trial for the murders that happened, The Lana Winters Special, where Lana interviews Lee to know more about how she feels and everything about her and her daughter and then Spirit Chasers, which are the last 'series' that we see, and in which some 'ghostbusters' go to the Roanoke House to try to find if everything that happened was really real, and where Lee later appears.
And, that's where most of the things happen.
Lee goes there to try and find Flora, because she was missing.
The 'ghostbusters' end up being killed (because it was a blood moon) and Lee finally finds Flora.
That's when we find out that Flora wanted to be there, she wanted to be at the house, forever, with Priscilla, and she wanted Priscilla to kill her in order to be with her and protect her from the Butcher.
Obviously, Lee doesn't let her do that and but Flora really wants Pricilla to be safe and protected from the Butcher so Lee decides to sacrifice herself in order for Flora to have a chance at life.
And, basically the episode ends with Flora walking out of the house and then saying goodbye while watching her mother (already dead) hand-in-hand with Priscilla.
So, the real survivor is Flora, and not Lee.
That's why I didn't find the ending that exciting. Like I said, I was expecting an huge plot twist and, although I wasn't expecting Lee to die and Flora to be so important in the storyline, I didn't find this such a big plot twist so... It was a bit of a let down.
Anyway, now we'll have to wait until next year for a new AHS Season. Luckily, they will give us the theme in February so, that's good!
And, that's basically it guys. Just a side note, The Vampire Diaries rant will only be up next week around Monday or Tuesday and Arrow's rant will also only be up on Monday. I'm really sorry for the delays but I've been really busy with Uni work and I didn't have time to catch up with some series.
But, a new Supernatural rant is coming in a few hours so, be on the look for that.
Until then.
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment