Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

American Horror Story: Roanoke | Season 6 Episode 8 - "Chapter 8"


Spoiler Alert!

And the quest continues to find who the last survivor is!
That's right, a new episode of American Horror Story aired last night and, as it has happen, it was another great one.
I always start watching the episode thinking 'What more can happen in this episode? It seems like the season is almost ending!" and I always finish it thinking "Wow. Afterall, there's more to it.". So, this episode wasn't an exception.
The episode started right where the last one ended. We saw, again, Agnes being murdered and then Dominic and Shelby trying to escape.
They decide to escape through the hidden passage but they are foiled by the ghosts of the Chan family, so they get back inside the house. In there, they meet a lot more ghosts, including the Piggy man. So, they run upstairs and lock themselves in the bathroom.
That's when the surprising moments (for me) begin, starting with Shelby killing herself. 
She basically said that she had killed the love of her life and she wasn't 'here' doing anything so she just slits her throat. 
Meanwhile all this is happening in the house, a lot more things are happening at the Polks house. Most of the things we see are between Lee and one of the Polks guys, Jether. We learn a lot more about his family and about him, how of an outcast he is and he is always the left out of his family.
I got to be honest with you, I kind of felt bad for him. And I felt even worse when Lee killed him.
Yes, that's right, Lee gained his trust and got him to free her and she ended up killing him.
At that moment, when she killed him and got out, I though she was just going to run away, but I was wrong. She searched for Monet and Audrey and managed to find them and save them, or at least, Audrey because, while those things were happening to Lee, a lot of things were happening to Audrey and Monet as well.
The Polks guys needed more teeth and so they tried to get some from Monet, but she was strong and while they were trying to get them from her she basically broke the chair and got herself free. After that, she tried to free Audrey but the other Polks were coming so she just got away, leaving Audrey alone.
After that, Mama Polk got one tooth out of Audrey and, was she was about to take the second one, Lee apears and frees Audrey. And, Audrey ends up killing Mama Polk, which was one of my favourite moments in this episode.
They then back to the house, but only Lee and Audrey, because Monet ended up being chased by the two of the Polks sons in the woods.
When back at the house, Lee and Audrey see Matts body and, obviously, Lee gets really upset, but Audrey makes her keep going. They go into the bedroom and then get into the bathroom and see Shelby's dead body. That's when Dominic talks (in that moment I got really surprised as well because I thought he was already dead) and says that she killed herself. He tells the two (Audrey and Lee) that it was Shelby who killed Matt but they don't believe it because Shelby loved Matt and so they assume it was Dominic who killed both Shelby and Matt, afterall, he was the one with the knife. 
After this, they force Dominic out of the bedroom and, that's when Piggy Man appears again and... Yes, you guessed it, Dominic ends up dead.
Surprisingly, the two women make it through the night. In the morning, they decide that they should leave. Also, they decide that it's safe to leave through the front door so they do that but... As they are about to leave.. The Piggy Man appears but not the real Piggy Man. Turns out it is Dylan, the actor that reenacted Ambrose in the 'series' and... That's how the episode ended.
I was really surprised by that ending because I never thought about that and, to be honest, I was really thinking that they were going to get out and leave that house but, at the same time, there are still 2 episodes left so, more stuff have to happen, afterall, only one person survives this. And, about that, I still think it's Lee who's going to survive this so... Let me know your thoughts about my theory and, if you still don't know my theory, check out my previous AHS rant.
Anyway, this are my thoughts about this episode.
I'll see you in my next rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment