Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 6 - "Shade"


Spoiler Alert!

Finally back with a new The Flash episode!
After two weeks with no episodes The Flash is back and with an episode filled with mixed feelings, at least, for me.
Basically this episode started out in a 'slow' way, leaving me thinking that it wasn't a really great episode. All the Wally stuff and Caitlin stuff (which is always exciting but this time was getting a little too annoying) were a bit boring but then, the end, oh my god, that ending was just amazing! I wasn't expecting it at all but... yeah, I'll talk more in depth about that later. Let's start with the beginning.
So, just like I said, the episode mostly talks about Wally and the fact that he had powers in the "Flashpoint" universe, so that's how the episode starts, with Wally talking with Joe about the dreams that he has been having, about being Kid Flash and all. Because of that, Barry later tells them that Wally was, in fact, a speedster in "Flashpoint" and that's why he's having those dreams, it must be Alchemy calling for him.
Besides having to deal with that, another metahuman shows up in central city and, obviously, it's our team who has to deal with it. Luckily, that part of the storyline ends up fast. Seriously, it must have been the faster metahumas that they catch.
And, the last storyline of this episode - Caitlin.
Caitlin finally decides to tell someone about her powers (someone other than her mother), and that someone is Cisco. She then asks him to vibe her to see if she really becomes Killer Frost, and Cisco sees the worst, her, as Killer Frost, fighting with Cisco. Of course, because there is no secrets in this show (sense the irony) Cisco doesn't tell her the truth and tells that she won't become Killer Frost.
Of course, later in the day, Caitlin notices Cisco's behavious towards her and she knows he's keeping something from her, that's when he tells what he really saw.
Later in the episode, Cisco tells everybody about Caitlin, because he just can't keep that secret from all of them. Again, that's when Barry tells Caitlin that she has powers because of the "Flashpoint", and that's basically it for the Caitlin/Killer Frost storyline (which is going to be the main storyline in the next episode).
Back to the Wally 'thingy'...
Alchemy starts messing with Wally's head and that's when the Team decides to use Wally basically as bait for Alchemy.
The plan actually works and they kind of catch Alchemy. That's when they are about to 'arrest' alchemy that he says that they shouldn't have done that and, something really weird appears!
At first, it was just a strike of lighting, which then lead me to think it's another speedster, another villain speedster. In that moment, I just thought how boring it would be again to have another villain speedster but then that's when they show he's true face and... It's a monster! I mean, it's not human, it's really ugly and, right at the end, he says that he's called Savitar and he's the god of speed. Like, what?!
I know some of you out there must know who he is, but since I've never read the comics, I don't know who the hell is this Savitar so, if you'd like to lighten me up, feel free to do it, just don't spoil me too much because I still want to be surprised.
And yes, that's basically it about this episode.
Like I said, at first, looked a lot just like a boring episode but that plot twist at the end, wow!
Oh, and obviously I have to mention Tom Felton's participation in this episode because, although it was little, it was still good and, they even mention that, while they were going to 'meet' Alchemy that Julian was no where to be found so... Is that a hint or just something to mess with our mind? I don't know, but I still have a feeling that, if he's not Alchemy (because we still don't know who he is) he has something to do with the metahuman world, I'm sure of it. And I'm not talking about him being an CSI or something...
Anyway guys, hope you liked the rant and let me know your thoughts about the episode. Do you think that Savitar is now the big bad this season, or do you still think it's Alchemy? Let me know in the comments,
I'll see you tomorrow with the last AHS rant this season! I'm excited for that!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment