Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 1 - "This Guilty Blood"


Spoiler Alert!

The blog is finally back from hiatus! And, with the new season of Shadowhunters!
That's right guys, shadowhunters is back so, obviously, I'm here to tell you everything that I thought about this first episode.
I'm mostly going to state the things that I like and didn't like about the episode because I want to campare it to the first season, mostly because a lot of things changed from the last seaosn to this one, such as production people and the tone of the story so I think I should mostly focus on the differences between the two seasons. Still, I'm going to talk a bit about the events in the episode, althought, I might say, not much happened in this episode, to be honest. And, well, I guess I could start with that.
Yes, not much happened in the episode, which was a bit of a let down for me but I kind of understand it. Something else that changed from the past season to this one is the number of episodes - last season we had 13 episodes and this season we are going to have 20 episodes, so I understand that they have to drag the storyline a little bit.
Something else that I didn't really like in the episode, and I thought I was going to enjoy, was Jocelyn. Last season I was really looking forward for her to wake up, but now that she's awake, I'm kind of annoyed by her. In the very end of the episode, when she tries to kill Jace I got really angry at her and for a moment I just wished she didn't wake up. Hopefully my feelings towards her will change as the season goes on but, for now, not really liking her.
On the bright side, Izzy and Alec never disappoint me. Ok, some scenes between Alec and Magnus left me a bit speechless but that last scene where Alec apologizes to Magnus was just really cute that I forgave him for the other scenes. But, I must say, my favourites character this episode was, for sure, Simon! He was just amazing and, I don't know if it's because I just can really relate to him but I just really enjoyed his character this episode, a lot more than I usually do so, Simon is character that I'm going to be looking forward to see more often on the screen.
And, I guess the only one left to talk about is Clary and... My opinion didn't change. It really pains me to say this because I really like Kat but, she just isn't a good actress... She got better, that's right, by the end of last season I could see that she had improved her acting but... I thought she was going to be so much better this seasona and, that didn't happen so.. I'm a bit disappointed with her.
But, because it's just not bad things, I think the tone of this season is a lot better and the special effects way better so, let's see where this season goes. I'm also really looking forward to know who's going to play Sebastian because, although I didn't read the books, I know about Sebastian and I have a feeling that I'm going to enjoy his character a lot so, really looking forward to that.
And that's basically it guys. I know I didn't touch much on the story of the episode but basically all that happened was the Institute getting a new 'boss' who sent everyone after Jace to get him, dead or alive and stoping our main characters from searching for him. That was basically it.
So, I hope you guys liked this come back and I also hope you had amazing Holidays and I'll see you next week with a new Shadowhunters rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment