Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The Vampire Diaries | Season 8 Episode 9 - "The Simple Intimacy of the Near Touch"


Spoiler Alert!

I'm sorry I took way too long with this rant. This and the Shadowhunters rant. I promise both the Shadowhunters and a new The Flash rant will be up tomorrow!
Anyway, on to The Vampire Diaries rant...
I must say, this was a weird episode for me. 
Last week I had to watch the episode twice because some things were still very confusing to me and this week I had to watch it twice again because the episode just felt weird to me.
To be honest with you all, I think I'm just concerned about what I've been feeling about Stefan's character. You know that Stefan has always been one of my favourite characters (my second one of all, after Kai) and this 'new Stefan', which isn't exactly new, I'm not a really big fan of. Maybe it's because the series is ending and I just don't want the series to end with me hating Stefan. So, I watched the episode twice and I came to the conclusion that it was a good episode in terms of 'turning back' to old seasons and just be like a 'memory lane' of what The Vampire Diaries has been all this years. I also think that this episode gave us a lot of easter eggs for next episodes and I also think they tried to 'confuse' us a little bit as well as give us some answers (for now, because I think some things were just to get us to come up with a different ideia because ours were too close to the truth).
Anyway, I've already talked too much about the episode in general so lets get deeper into it.
The episode starts with Sybil calling Damon saying that she wants the ball (who turns out to be the striker of the bell) that he got from Peter and that he has now. I still have the same opinion about Sybil but what I thought was a bit confusing about this scene was the fact that, at first, Stefan didn't want to go and 'meet up' with Sybil but then wanted to go and kill and then at the Miss Mystic Falls he started working with her. I guess his ultimate goal was to have Damon just for himself but he realized that he couldn't so that's why in the end of the episode he left without him. Anyway...
In this episode something pretty cool happens, Damon finally says no to Sybil! Not about going to meet her but about giving her the striker. That was an huge moment for me and it made me like Damon a lot in this episode.
While Damon is dealing with Sybil, Stefan is just going crazy. I don't know, I'm really not liking this Stefan. He basically realizes that can't have 'bad Damon' back and gives his blood to a bunch of girls at the pageant ending up killing one of them, Violet. Let's just say that Caroline got pretty mad and, at first, she tried to tell him to do things her way but, Seriously Caroline?! Seriously, I just thought that scene really dumb, to be honest. But, at the very end, Caroline threw her engagement ring to Stefan and left. I think her intention was that the ring would do the same as Elena's necklace was doing to Damon but, to completely honest, I don't think it will work. I know I'm an hardcore Stelena fan but I truly believe that Elena is the only one (besides Stefan's mum) that can bring him back, that can turn his humanity on. I don't think his love for Caroline is as strong as it was for Elena so... Still waiting for that Stelena ending (although I think the series will end in a whole other way, which I'll talk in the end).
A lot more happens in this episode, such as Seline and Bonenzo. Let's talk about Seline first.
So, basically, again, we find a lot more things about this bell. We find out that it was made to kill sirens and that only the Maxwell family can ring it. We then see Matt trying to get the bell from Seline's house and Dorien going to Seline to buy Matt some time. Obviously Seline realizes but she actually seems glad that Matt went there to get because, like I said before, Matt and his father are the only ones that can ring the bell. To be completely honest with you, I don't think Sybil's plan is to kill Sybil. I think she has another plan, maybe even kill Cade or something but I'm pretty sure she's up to something.
And, now to Bonenzo, the best part of the episode!
Enzo gives Bonnie a necklace with his blood, hoping that one day she will turn for him. But, because of Elena, Bonnie tells him that she can't. And here starts my theorie.
I think Bonnie is the character that I have been thinking about the most and how she is going to end in the series. I think I've already mentioned this here but I think Bonnie is going to become a vampire and be with Enzo forever. 
In the end of this episode, they drop us a really big bomb - Bonnie asks Enzo if he could, if he would take the cure! Somehow, that never crossed my mind, but even now, I still think she's becoming a vampire. I have like two options for how that will happen. 1) She's in danger and, although she's concerned about Elena and the fact that Kai said that no loop holes or anything, Enzo will give her his blood and she'll become a vampire. or 2) They eventually go to hell to talk to Kai, find out that Bonnie can actually die and become a vampire and Elena will wake up and they'll do that.
I'm pretty sure guys! And, I also think that, if there's a wedding in the end of the series, it is, for sure, Bonenzo's. I don't think Damon and Elena will end up marrying and I don't even think they will end up together. And, I'm not saying she'll end up with Stefan, because I don't think that either, and here's my biggest prediction for the end of the series. Stefan dies!
That's right guys, as much as it pains me to say this, I think Stefan is dead by the end of the series. Remember that this basically is all his story. Season 1 starts with him saying 'and this is my story' so I think it will be someone reading his diaries or something or I don't know... I just think that he dies in the end and, to completely honest with you, I think it's an ending that not most people is expecting. Everyone is expecting a beautiful ending and I kind of want a beautiful ending as well but it would be such a plot twist if he (or someone else important) dies at the end... I don't know, I'm just throwing my theory out there so, if that actually happens, I'll be abble to say that I predicted it.
I'll for sure cry tons if that actually happens but... It would kind of be a good ending.
Anyway, this episode basically ended with Damon getting his humanity back on, because of Sybil (obviously).
I don't really know what's going to happen next episode because from the previous, it seems like or we're in hell, or we're inside Damon's mind, which I think is more likely. Either way, it's going to be a good episode because from what I've seen and heard, we are going to have some old characters back and Vicky is basically 100% confirmed to be in this next episode so... Excited to see that.
Ok, guys, I think that's it for this rant.
I know it is way too long but I just had a lot of theories to tell you. And, if you have any theories you want to share with me, just comment bellow or tweet me, I'd love to know your theories.
See you tomorrow!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment