Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 2 - "A Door Into the Dark"


Spoiler Alert!

I know, I took way too long with this post! But, to make up for it, tomorrow there's going to be up two new rants, episode 3 of Shadowhunters and a new The Vampire Diaries rant so, keep an eye on the blog tomorrow.
Anyway, like I said in my previous post, here I am with a new Shadowhunters rant.
I think I should start this post with saying that I'm starting to be really disappointed with this series. I knew the series wasn't the best but I understood it like last yet, when the series was new and was just starting but now, with a second season, I was hopping for a way better and an improved series, which isn't happening. Sure, there is a few points that are getting better (which I'm going to talk about in a minute) but there's still so many things wrong with the series.
But, let's get really into the episode.
So, people are still trying to find Jace and Valentine. Everyone is working for that, apart from Clary, who got told that she wasn't a good fighter yet and that she was way into deep in the situation, so she had to be out of this. That's when the problems start happening, and not just in the storyline, but with the acting and everything. Clary then goes back to the Brooklyn Academy of Art 'trying' to live a normal life. Well, as you can probably already tell, this is such a bad decision and, to add to that, Kat just isn't a good actress. This really pains me to say, because I think Kat is such a lovely person and everything but... She isn't a good actress. And Clary already is such an annoying character with such a bad storyline that, which a bad actress, it just makes everything wrong! If it wasn't for the other actors and characters that are actually good I would totally stop watching the series!
Another character that, just like I mentioned last week, I'm not liking at all is Jocelyn. I really thought, from the few apperances that she had last season,that she was going to be a loveable character... I was wrong! And, just like Kat, Maxim isn't a great actress.
And again, another 'low point' in this season, in my opinion, so far, is Izzy. I really liked Izzy last season but, this season, at least so far, she hasn't really been doing anything. Ok, this episode she had like a pretty cool scene, where she beats that guy in a fight, and I really enjoyed that but that was it! No more cool scenes. Hopefully we will see more of her in the next couple of episodes.
Anyway so, back to the storyline.
Later in the episode Jocelyn offers her assistance to Izzy and Alec in order to find both Jace ad Clary (who got abducted by Dot and sent to Valentine's boat). In the very end Clary and Jace get to escape but we don't really know where they end up because then the episode ended.
But, before I wrap this post, I want to mention the best parts of the season so far, Magnus and Simon! Magnus already was a good character and Harry is such a good actor that seriously, he's basically the only one that saves this series but I need to give a shoutout to Alberto who is doing an amazing job with Simon! Simon was a character that  enjoyed, but I never really paid much attention to him. Ok, he was cute and nerdy and all that but, this season, I think Simon is one of the best! Like I said, Alberto really improved his acting and I think Simon is the character that has a better storyline, with him finding out everything about living as a vampire so, I'm excited to see more of Simon.
And yeah guys, that's basically it!
I know I've been a bit harsh with this series but I was just expecting more.
Anyway, hope you liked it and a new episode is going to air in about 30 minutes so come watch it with me because I'm going to live tweet! But, if you can't make it, a new rant will be up tomorrow night so, don't worry.
Until then!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment