Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2017

The Flash | Season 3 Episode 19 - "The Once and Future Flash"


Spoiler Alert!

I'm finally back with the usual The Flash, Arrow, etc rants!
And with a pretty damn good episode!
I gotta say, I really enjoyed this episode! It wasn't too focused on Savitar, which I normally don't like but, this time, I loved it! It had a darker tone and maybe that's why I enjoyed it. I prefer The Flash over Arrow, mostly because of the lighter tone that The Flash has, but this season I've really been loving Arrow and I feel like this episode had a more 'Arrow' feel to it, like it was a bit more dark and 'heavy', which is nice to have once in a while.
So, basically the episode starts right where the previous one left of, with Caitlin turning Killer Frost and just attacking Cisco, Julian and H.R. And, ultimately, she ends up destroying her necklace.
Then, we move to the main focus of the episode, Barry going to 2024.
I've already seen photos, so I knew that, at least, Barry would be totally different and kind of an 'emo' Barry, which is understanding, after Iris death.
What I didn't know was what happened to all the other characters.
Right away I enjoyed the fact that it was Cisco who got Barry through all the things that happened and what happened to everyone. I also liked that fact that Cisco was basically the same, because last time that we saw some time change or something, Cisco was completely different and I don't like Cisco any other way. I like this Cisco and that's all. Of course it wasn't everything alright with him... It couldn't be. We find out that Caitlin attacked him, destroying his hands making him loose his powers,
Then, we don't see much of the other characters, only the 2024 Barry, which, like I said, is hidding from everyone and being an emo. He then tells the 2017 Barry that he doesn't know Savitar's identity so then Barry decides to go back to the present because you shouldn't stay in the future and interfere with it for a long time. But something goes wrong and he can't go back.
We then later find out that it was Cisco who did it because he wanted to get the Team back. But before that, we see what happened to everyone else.
We see that Caitlin is 'trapped', still Killer Frost, that Julian is working in Iron Heights 'takin care' of Caitlin, that Wally is catatonic, after fighting with Savitar and that Joe is depressed and basically alone. Oh, and H.R. is a successful novelist.
Well... Needless to say that Barry manages to get the 'still working' part of the team back (H.R., Julian, Joe and Cisco) and later Emo Barry also joins the Team and, along with 'normal' Barry, they fight Scudder and Dillon.
It was all really beautiful and I really enjoyed it. To be honest, I wouldn't mind to have some part of Season 4 in that time period, because I feel like there was a lot we could do and see from the characters but yeah, I know they aren't going to do that because they aren't going to kill Iris.
Anyway, in the end of the episode, before Barry gets back to 2017, Emo Barry gives him some information about a physicist that helped Emo Barry trap Savitar in the speedforce four years after Iris' death.
I already knew about this, about this new physicist and, to be honest, I think they are going to get Savitar trapped but there's going to be a plot twist. I mean, there's always a plot twist but yeah... I saw some theories the other day and I quite liked them.
And yeah, in the very end of the episode we see Caitlin/Killer Frost meet with Savitar, who offers her the chance to eliminate Caitlin Snow forever and, to gain her trust, he reveals his identity to her.
Of course we don't see it, but I've seen some people talk about it and people say that it can be Ronnie... I don't know, my money is still on Eddie but... Who knows?! It can really be anyone so...
That was it for this week's episode!
Like I said in the beginning, I really enjoyed the episode and I'm looking forward to the next ones!
I'm moving to Arrow now so expect a rant in a few hours!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment