Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

Supernatural | Season 12 Episode 17 - "The British Invasion"


Spoiler Alert!

So, just like I said, here I am with a new rant, this time, a Supernatural one.
I know I still have one more to post and that's coming right after this one, so stay tuned.
About this episode, I need to say that I really wanted to post this rant earlier because this episode damn was so intense!
We started of right away with some flashbacks of Mick when he was younger. We see him at Kendricks Academy and we also see him being forced to kill his best friend as per the Code of the British Men of Letters. Next, we see that his old teacher Dr. Hess finds out about Lucifer's baby and she demands Mick to get the Winchesters in line or give them to Mr. Ketch to be killed and then sending her protege Renny to watch things.
Then, we move on to the Lucifer's baby storyline and we see an old character, Eileen, who gets a lead on Kelly Kline and Dagon.
Castiel is still MIA so Mick brings The Colt to Sam and Dean while they trick Kelly into a meeting to talk. Unfortunatelly, Dagon shows up and messes the whole plan.
Of course all of this leads to a 'fight' and Eileen fires The Colt in an attempt to kill Dagon but misses and kills Renny instead.
And, it is in this moment that we see more of Mick and how he evolved. Obviously, because it's the Code, Mick tries to kill Eileen, but the Winchesters get to talk him out of it and that's when we see that Mick is growing out of the British Men of Letters rules and becoming a better character, in our eyes,
Obviously I shuld have suspected something but I didn't, and when the next scene came, I was completely unprepared.
Dr. Hess shows up in America saying Eileen will be killed. Mick then stands up for the Winchesters and then... Mr. Ketch kills him! He freaking killed Mick! Why?! 
I mean, I get why, but Why?! He was becoming one of my favourites characters this season! I was really starting to like him! Of course I should've suspected this! Once we start liking a character, mainly when it's one that was bad and is turning good, he gets killed so, I should've have known that he wasn't going to stay for long but... I didn't expect this, so I was completely shocked when Mr. Ketch killed Mick when a shot in the head. It was brutal!
Anyway, after this, the episode just goes on, like nothing happened, and Eileen decides to come back to Ireland and the Winchesters keep the Colt, which is good!
Meanwhile, Lucifer acts submissive to Crowley while secretly gaining support from the demons who look for a way to break the warding on Nick's vessel. 
And, in the end, Dagon tells Kelly that birthing her Nephilim will kill her.
As you can see, this was an huge episode and although I really liked it, I was also really sad about the whole Mick thing. I was really hoping he would stick around for a little while.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts on all of this and I'll see you in a few minutes with Episode 18's rant.
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment