Pages

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

The Challenge: Invasion | Season 29 Episode 13 - "A River of Endless Light"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
So I'm back with a new The Challenge rant, the second to last episode of this season!
I must say, this episode was a little 'overrated', for me...
Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of good moments in it but, once again, as you already know by now, I'm a fan of the show because of the challenges and not because of the drama or anything else, and there was a lot of other things in this episode and barely any challenge, so that was a bummer for me.
But, the beginning was quite something!
We started the episode right were the previous one left of - with the elimination between CT and Darrell.
I seriously didn't know who was going to win this... Until five minutes after they started it.
By the middle of it, it was pretty obvious that it was going to be CT to win this. And guess what? He won. He just had a better strategy and, quite honest, I think he was pretty smart and I'm happy that he won! I wasn't rooting for any of them, to be honest, but it was nice to see CT go to a final.
After the elimination that's when things start to go downhill.
They find out that next challenge is going to be the final and, to celebrate, they were moving to a resort to have some chill time and also party a little bit. Just to have a nice time before the final.
Then, we see some drama with Ashley, which I had already seen on a preview on MTV's youtube channel and after that, we see them go to that resort.
At the resort, they had a festival or something were they would send two flowers into the sea, one symbolizing their past and another one their future.
That's when we find out that in that exact same day was Diem's birthday.
I get it... And it was actually beautiful, CT and Camila talking about her and we, audience, seeing some clips of her in the challenge but... I don't want to sound bitchy or anything but... I think they spent too much time on that.
Like I said previously, I like the show because of the challenges, and when they focus on other things, that is such a bummer for me.
And not only that... Because they spent too much time on that, that meant that we didn't even see two minutes of the first part of the final and that also means in the next episode, because it is going to be the last one before the reunion, they are going to speed up everything.
They could've shown like the first day of the final in this episode and then get a bit more into the last two days in the last episode.
That's just my opinion.
Anyway, like I said, next episode is going to be the last one and I'm pretty excited about!
Oh, also, I forgot to mention, there was a plot twist in the end of this episode. Turns out, they won't be playing in Teams in the final. Instead they are going to play as individuals. But it is going to be a little bit like Free Agents, because for each day they will have to team up with someone (from any of the 'teams). So, it's going to be interesting! In this first day Camila teamed up with CT so, this is going to be good! I'm rooting for them, obviously!
And yeah, now that's it!
Let me know who are you rooting for and who do you actually think is going to win!
I'll see you next week with the last 'normal' episode!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment