Pages

Monday, April 17, 2017

The Originals | Season 4 Episode 4 - "Keepers of the House"


Spoiler Alert!

Finally here I am to update you with the latest two The Originals episodes.
I must say that this episode was a little bit weak in my opinion.
Directing wise it was great, though. I think Joseph Morgan did an amazing job directing this episode because, being an audiovisual and multimedia student, I pay attention to all the scenes and photography and all that and I think this episode had a lot of great scenes photography and directing wise.
Script wise I think it was little bit weak, starting right at the beginning of the episode.
They started it right away with that scene of the birds falling around Hope and I though they were going to save that scene for later. I understand why they did that, I just think it was a little bit anti-climatic.
Besides that, all the episode was a little bit anti-climatic.
Once again, I understand, I just thought it was weak. I understand that we needed to find out more about the Hollow and all of the 'darkness' and the 'villain' in this season, and in that, the episode was good. I got to understand a little bit better all this mythology because all I knew was that symbol, and it was from Hemlock Grove and, from what I've understood in this episode, the meaning behind that is a lot different in both shows, so that was good.
Something else that I realized in this episode was that they are putting a lot of mythology in this season. They are messing with a lot of things at the same time which, in part, is good but, at the same time, is a little bit confusing.
And, once again, storywise, the only parts that I really liked were the Klaus/Hope scenes. I just can't help it, they are too cute and Joseph Morgan as 'Daddy Klaus' is phenomenal!
I also really enjoyed that last part of the episode were Hayley says to Elijah that they need to stop putting their family above everyone else. I'm not Hayley's biggest fan, but I really think we needed someone to realize that because I think that is going to be important from now on.
Two things that I didn't really enjoy in this episode were Elijah and Freya.
You all know by now that I hate Freya but this season she has really been a b*tch. Ok, that last part of the episode was 'nice' but overall, she has really been pissing me off and, I seriously don't care if I get hate for this but, I really hope she is the one to die at the end of this season.
I've already heard that someone is going to die and I really hope it's her. There's a possibility it is her because Riley Voelkel is brunette now so that might mean Freya dies?! Who knows...
The second thing that I didn't like was Elijah. I already said this in previous rants but Elijah has been acting really strange in this season and he's not the Elijah I liked. I hope the conversation he had with Hayley in the end of this episode changes him and makes him go back to what he was because I think that's one of the reasons why they've put that conversation on the script, to change Elijah 'back to normal' so, let's hope that!
And yeah, that's basically it now.
I don't think this was a strong episode. It was good not just what I thought it would be. Hopefully the next one will be better because I feel like now we have a good 'base' to start with the darkness and with the main 'bad things' so, let's see what the next episode brings!
As you know, the next episode already aired so I'm going to watch that next and I'll be back to tell you what I thought about it in a few hours!
Until then...
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment