Pages

Monday, April 17, 2017

The Originals | Season 4 Episode 5 - "I Hear You Knockin"


Spoiler Alert!

Like I said, here I am with the last The Originals rant.
I don't know what is up with me, but I've been really underwhelmed with this past episodes.
Maybe I was expecting more of this season but, this past two episodes, were a little weak. 
I think it has been a lot of the same like, for example, what happened in this episode between Marcel and Klaus... Yes, it was interesting to watch but, most of the parts that were actually interesting were the parts where it was the Hollow messing with their minds, mostly Klaus' (but that might be because I'm Team Klaus and everything to do with him is interesting to me). But, apart from that, the 'actual' fight between Klau and Marcel was a little weak.
I must say, I didn't really want Marcel to die. He's not my favourite character but, I don't know, I think he's important to the storyline and to the series so I seriously hope they don't kill him off.
Also, I hate to see Klaus powerless. One of the reasons why I love Klaus so much is because he's like really powerfull and basically no one can mess with him but, the truth is, the Hollow can mess with him and that is a little distrubing to watch.
Nonetheless, I think the Hollow is a really interesting 'villain' and I'm loving all the darkness in this season. 
Something that I was a little sad about this episode was the lack of Hope... I know she's not a Regular and that she can't be the main 'focus' in all episodes but you know that my favourite scenes are the ones between Hope and Klaus and we didn't really have that in this episode, so it was little downside for me...
Oh, and I have to talk about Freya and Keelan...
It is so damn obvioust what they are trying to do... Obviously they are going to become a couple and, to be honest, I don't know how to feel about that.
I love the idea of love and I love to ship people but, those two... I don't know... There's something off for me. Maybe it's just the fact that I don't really like Freya but... I don't see myself shipping them. But, who knows?! Maybe I'll change my mind. I didn't really ship Kolvina in the beginning but look where I am now... I'm the biggest Kolvina shipper!
And, to finish this rant, I need to talk about that ending like, what was that?! A weapon that can kill an Original?! Seriously?! Nope, don't like it!
First, if the Hollow wasn't enough, we need two more villains... That, I think was unecessary... and the the Hollow created a new weapon that can kill an Original?! That is an huge plot whole! Like, I understand they creating a weapon that can kill Marcel... His 'species' is new and they can come up with something but, something other than white oak that can kill the originals?! Nope, I don't buy that. I seriously hate that storyline and I think they are doing an huge mistake with that. 
I understand that the Hollow wants them to kill each other but, if there's no white oak, you can't kill and Original, period! Obviously I know they won't kill them because they are the reason this series exist but... To me, that is just a mistake and I won't buy that one bit! I seriously don't like that plot!
Anyway guys, let me know what you thought about this two episodes and tell me what you think about this new weapon. I would love to know your thoughts about it.
Unfortunatelly we won't have a new episode this week so, new The Originals rant next week so, I'll see you then!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment