Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

The Challenge: Total Madness | Season 35 Episode 10 - "The Final Countdown"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everybody!
OMG! What an episode! Unfortunately, I got it spoiled for me in two different occasions...
Anyway, first of all, I'm sorry I'm posting this later than usual. I had a bit of trouble finding the episode online and that's one of the reasons why I had the episode spoiled for me. Not only I couldn't find it anywhere and I kept seeing articles about what happened in the episode but then, when I finally found an episode online, they messed it up. For some reason the episode that I found started with the elimination and so yeah... I basically saw the whole thing backwards. It was a bit of a bummer but I kind of already knew not only from the spoilers before but also from the preview that Bananas was going to be involved in the elimination somehow and... Yeah, let's talk about it.
Because that was the way I saw it, I'm going to start with the actual elimination. Bananas vs Wes. Well, let's be real, who didn't think this was going to happen?! After watching the elimination and watching the events knowing what happened, it was so obvious that they were setting it up. Still, it was huge. Although I don't know why people kept saying that this was long overdue because they went to an elimination against each other in Champs vs Stars so...  I don't know. It's now really their first time. Anyway, needless to say that I'm so excited about the result! After having Jay go home, and then Jenna, I really didn't want Bananas to go home as well so have him beat Wes was the cherry on top. It was sweet though, then having them hug and being real with each other. It made me like Wes a bit more and well, now that Bananas stopped hating Wes, I can stop as well.
As for the elimination itself, I think it was a bit unfair. Yes, it relied a bit on strength and endurance, but it was also 50% luck and I just don't think those eliminations are fair. It's not like a hand-to-hand fight or a puzzle, something that relies solely on yourself... But well, Bananas won so I'm fine...
Now that we got that out of the way, let's talk about the beginning of the episode and then talk about predictions because I have a lot (and I'm 80% sure that I'm right).
So, it looks like now everyone wants to go in. We see a bunch of guys and even girls say that they have to go in, and one of those people is Bananas. Wes also mentions that to Nany so that's where some tension starts 'bubbling'.
Then, we got my favorite challenge - Trivia. This one wasn't as good, I must say. They didn't answer that many questions and some people, including Bananas, just gave up and yeah, that was a bit lame. In the end, Wes, Dee and Rogan formed the Tribunal. Because of that, Wes thinks that this is his time. However, Bananas has his mind set that the wants to be the house vote and so he asks everyone to vote for him. When it's time to vote, Cory is basically the only one that doesn't want to give this one easy to Bananas but he eventually does and yes, Bananas is the house vote and he even jokes around when he puts Wes' name next to his (another overshadowing of the events that come next).
Learning that, Wes gets a bit conflicted. He thought this was his time and it can still be but because of the alliance with Bananas (and because it is Bananas) he doesn't really want to go against him... That creates a kind of argument between them (but an healthy one, I would say) where Wes 'complains' that he thought now was his time to get the red skull. And I get both sides. Bananas was playing his game and he did what he thought was best for him. Wes tried to get into the Tribunal to 'run' the game and have his red skull. Well, there should have been a bit more communication between the too but, in the end, it is an individual game so you can't blame either for doing what they think is best for themselves without telling the other.
Well, we know what happened next. The Tribunal nominated Kyle, Swaggy and Cory but, ultimately, Wes went against Bananas.
I guess now it's the time to talk about predictions. So we know that the Final is really near and I think there will only be two more episodes/eliminations before the final. The next one is a girls elimination and then a guys elimination. That way there will be 4/5 girls and 4/5 guys (depending how those eliminations end). From a previous preview, we know that Dee, Kyle and Cory go into an elimination so my prediction is that Dee is going against one of the girls (probably Mattie or Bayleigh) next week. My money is on Bayleigh, as the house vote and then the Tribunal sends in Dee. Who wins I don't know, but to be honest, I would rather have Mattie against Dee and Mattie winning. Anyway, as for the guys, it's going to be Kyle against Cory, and that's it. I hope Kyle wins because he's other of my favorites right now, to be honest. After that TJ will probably let them think that there will be more eliminations but no... That's the end and whoever doesn't have a red skull will go home instantly. I can't wait to see their faces when they realize that! It's going to be priceless.
So yeah, this was an intense episode! Unfortunately it was kind of ruined for me but at least Bananas won and I'm happy about that.
Let me know what you thought of the episode and who were you rooting for - Bananas or Wes? And who do you think is going in against Dee next week? Tell me everything and I'll see you next week with a brand new rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment