Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2021

American Horror Story: Double Feature | Season 10 Episode 7 - "Take Me to Your Leader"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everybody!

Oh boy... I was indeed excited about this new story, even after the last episode, but now... My hopes for the remaining of this season just went down the drain.

Right away this didn't look as good - the opening credits aren't as good and the red flag for me, personally, was the lack of OG actors such as Evan Peters, Frances Conroy, Finn Wittrock and Denis O'Hare. Not only that but also the fact that some of the main actors in this part are Kaia Gerber and Nico Greetham... Nothing against them, but the only place I know them from is American Horror Stories and that show is awful (as well as their characters). So granted that maybe it wasn't their fault and it was the material they were given but I just can't help but connect their names to bad stuff. But even with that, I was a little hopeful that I could be wrong. Well... I don't think I am.

The episode opens with scene from 1954 and that not only meant Black & White cinematography but the whole vibe was a bit cheesy. However, I was open to it because I thought it was intentional. We see some UFO abductions, other people coming back from their abductions and we even had an Alien autopsy - and that was when my hopes really started to decline. The look of the Alien is exactly what we think of when we say the word Alien, but again, I was open to it because I thought it was intentionally cheesy. Still, I think for a horror show, the aliens should've looked more scary and maybe less cartoonish. I don't know, I just wanted something else. But it's after that when things really go downhill.

We cut to present day - now in color - and we meet this group of friends (that's when Kaia Gerber and Nico Greetham come into play) and that's when we get the typical Ryan Murphy stuff. A ton of sexual content - not only that we see but also a lot of talk around the subject. That didn't used to bother me, but the more I saw people complain about it, the more I noticed it and now it really cringes me. I get that with some subjects (such as vampires) it makes sense, but it's becoming so obvious and so in your face... I don't know...I'm not a fan anymore. 

So, we get a ton of sexual conversations and whatnot and a lot of pretentious stuff about technology and that's when this group of friends go to a camping trip to cleanse from technology and that's when they are abducted, come back and find out that their all pregnant. Yes, even the boys. And that's how the episode ends.

Yes, it's completely ridiculous and I seriously hope that is the intent because if it isn't... It's just awful. It isn't good already but at least I can respect it if it's intentional... But if it isn't... They just need to stop. However, we are going to have at least two more seasons so...

Yeah, let's see where this second part goes. We still have 3 episodes left and things can change but I'm not hopeful this time. But let me know what you think. Did you like this second part? Do you think the cringe aspect is intentional? Let me know everything and we'll see where this goes. I'll talk to you next week!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment