Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2021

American Horror Story: Double Feature | Season 10 Episode 9 - "Blue Moon"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello!

Ugh! Thank god this season is almost ending!

As per usual, exciting seasons of American Horror Story just end up being horrendous once it hits the halfway mark. And I had such high expectations for this season! I mean, not initially, but after a few episodes of Red Tide, I really thought they had finally done something right and, even though I didn't like the ending of Part 1, I could forgive it... If they gave us a good Part 2. Unfortunately, they weren't able to.

This episode really shows the mess that AHS has become. I can't say that it wasn't interesting, because it was, but the amount of conspiracy theories they used in this episode is bonkers! There was a new conspiracy theory every 5 minutes - from Marilyn Monroe's death, to Area 51 and even about the moon landing. It's crazy! And not even the 'past' is saving it anymore. Heck, I would go as far as saying that the 'present' has becoming a lot appealing to me! Not that it is good, because it isn't, but I guess that's why I'm more interested in that aspect - because it's so outrageous that I just want to see what insane thing they come up with next. While the past, although better acted, it's just boring at this point. We get it, America made a deal with the aliens, they gave us technology such as the microwave and the iPod, and yeah... That's it.

Yeah... I don't even know what else to say about this episode. The last part, again, was bonkers! With the delivering of multiple babies, Calico's story of how she was abducted (which was just to introduce the moon landing conspiracy) and with an existential crises from our gay couple. Again, everything is so over the top that the only thing you can do is laugh.

I don't have anything else to say so let me know what you thought of the episode and what do you think the finale will present us with? Will it be another mediocre finale? Tell me all your thoughts and I'll see you pretty soon with a new The Sinner rant because yes, it is back!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment