Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Shadowhunters | Season 2 Episode 11 - "Mea Maxima Culpa"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys, and welcome back to the Shadowhunters' rants.
Season 2B aired on the past Monday but I only got time to watch it now so here I am with all of my thoughts about the second part of this season.
Right away I must say that this second part looks much better! They said that the series was going to get darker and it really is.
We start of with a scene that, in my opinion, wasn't that great, which Jace and Alec fighting/training. I'm used to Arrow's fight sequences, which are amazing so this was a little bit underwhelming. Then, the next part wasn't the best either because it was a Simon/Clary scene and, not only I don't ship them, but I still don't think Kat is a good actress and her scenes are always really cringey.
From here we got into the good stuff!
The villain for this episode, this Main Demon, was actually pretty good! I liked how it looked and I liked what he did and his 'story' and, mostly, it made me think a lot about Supernatural because this demon was Azazel and you know... Azazel was like the main villain in the first seasons of Supernatural and he was huge so it was nice to have some type of creature that I was familiar with.
We also got back to some Valentine storyline, which kind of annoyed me a little bit but at the same time I liked it. I didn't like Valentine that much but, with this episode, I could see how much potential he has as a villain and I appreciate him, although I think it's time to get over him and move on to another villain.
And, talking about another villain... We finally got introcuded to Sebastian!
I must say, Sebastian was the main reason why I was excited for this second part of the season and, with just this episode, he turned out to be my favourite Shadowhunters' character. You'll see me talking about him a lot in the next rants so, be prepared.
But, in terms of the proper scenes with him, he didn't look nothing like a villain! But, unless they're changing the story from the books, we know that he's going to be. Nonetheless, I loved to see his interations with Izzy and that last scene with him burning his hand was really creepy and it got me really confused and intrigued so, I'm curious to see what is all that about (because I didn't read the books so I have no clue).
Moving on to something not so good, I need to mention, once again, Clary.
So, Jace didn't tell her about them not being brothers afterall and then she finds out through Valentine and, oh my god, that scene was so cringey! Like, seriously, why would you react like that to finding out that the guy you liked, that then you stoped liking because he was your brothers, isn't your brother afterall?! I seriously don't get it and I really think it was super overdramatic!
Well, to finish this up I just want to say that Raphael is kind of annoying me as well but I really liked Alec in this episode! I think he really developed as a character (and Matt as an actor) during hiatus and I'm liking where his character is right now so, props to Matt!
That's basically it!
Befor I finish, I just wanted to let you know that I'm going to stop doing The Originals' rants. I might do a full post about it and letting my (only) The Originals' readers know but I just wanted to tell you right away that I'm going to stop doing them.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts about this new Shadowhunters' episode and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment