Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

The Vampire Diaries | Season 7 Episode 1 - "Day One of Twenty-Two Thousand, Give or Take"


Spoiler Alert!

After 5 (racking) months my favourite show of all time is back! My opinions may be doubtful since, like I said, this is my favourite show, but I'll try to be the truest possible and kinda 'forget' that this is my favourite show.
So, I've been so curious to know what they were going to do with this season, since Nina Dobrev left and Michael Trevino isn't going to be on it as much as he used to. Also, because they killed Kai and, if you follow me on other social media, you know Kai is my favourite character from all time. They had an amazing storyline with the Parker family and all the Kai stuff, but instead of going on with it, they decided to kill them all and start a new storyline which, in my opinion, isn't as good as the Parker storyline but, anyway...
The episode started with some scenes that I've already seen in some previews, so it wasn't anything new for me. I liked the fact they came back with the diaries which is the main thing in the series. In  this episode we see Caroline and Bonnie writting what have been happening to them, just like Elena asked them, which is a good thing in this episode. On the other hand, no one seems to be actually fine in Mystic Falls, which makes me kinda sad and kinda annoyed, to be honest. I'm already over Elena, and the fact that they keep mentioning her kind of pisses me off. I understand that she was the main character in the series and, somehow, they wanna keep her the main character but... Without Nina, there's now Elena so, just stop mentioning her and keep on with your lives!
Something insteresting about the episode is the fact that they are aroud world. Damon, Alaric and Bonnie are in Amsterdam, Enzo in New York and Stefan, Caroline and Matt in Mystic Falls (along with the newbies, the heretics). In the end of the episode they come back to Mystic Falls but yeah.. that was cool.
Enzo for me is the best character in this season. I think now he has a porpuse in this storyline and that makes me really happy, because Enzo is one of my favourite characters and also, Michael Malarkey is an amazing actor and amazing person so, I'm happy to see him more involved with the storyline.
But, to ruin everything, they can't shut up about Steroline. I know I'm not the only one (which is cool) to hate Steroline! I will always be Team Stelena and it just annoyes me so damn much to see Steroline happen and, apparently, that's the main thing in this season (along with the heretics). I just wish they would change Steroline with Carenzo because I would SO MUCH prefer Caroline with Enzo then with Stefan.
And, talking about the heretics... So, they are the main villains in this season... I still don't know what to think about them... The two lesbians really piss me off, that I know! But still, the others really get on my nerves too so... I seriously don't know what to think about them. Let's just wait for the next episode and see if I can have a proper opinion about them.
In this episode, we also get to understand that fast forward that happened in the end of last season, and something interesting about this season is that they keep bringging more fast forwards. I think that's the only thing that is keeping the series interesting because all the heretics stuff kind of bothered me, to be honest. 
And yeah... As you can see I have really strong opinions about everything in this series, which is kind great for me to do this rants.
I just hope they come up with something better than this heretics because if they don't, I think this is the last season of The Vampire Diaries. It really makes me sad to say this, but it's true. I don't want this series to ever end but... Julie Plec just keep ruining the storylines so... There's not much we can do.
Anyways, tell me in the comments your thoughts and if you have the same opinions as me so we can chat about the episode!
Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment