Pages

Thursday, November 19, 2015

American Horror Story: Hotel | Season 5 Episode 7 - "Flicker"


Spoiler Alert!

What was even this episode of American Horror Story?! 
I really like it though, but I felt like this was kind of a filler episode.
The thing I that I loved the most about the episode was the interection between the Countess and Mr. March. I'm really loving Evan Peters in this role and he hasn't been much on the series, so was nice to see more of him, even if it was mostly on flashbacks.
And, talking about flashbacks... It was, again, nice to see more of The Countess' story, and we finally found out how she became a vampire
Something quite interesting that I noticed in the episode was the re-introduction of Finn Wittrock. I guess they just loved him too much to just kill his character and never have him on the show again. So, they had to create another character for him to play. Unfortunately, I didn't really like this new idea of him playing another character, it just got a little too much confuing for me. It is nice to see the same actors play different character in each season, but it's confusing when the same actor plays different characters in the same season, just my opinion.
And, that ending! First, let's just take a moment to talk about the fact that I actually believed that John was going to mental institution because he really thought he needed it. I never thought it was because of something else, which is pretty clever of him, to be honest. And that girl, like... ?! I didn't remember that girl at all and I wasn't expecting her to die in the end. Sure, it was going to be a little bit too easy to just know the killer like that, so she had to die, but still... I thought she would so something else. I don't know, I just wasn't expecting her to kill herself.
So, yeah, this is basically it. Overall, it was a good episode, just not great. I feel like this season had better episodes and the only thing that 'saved' the episode was Evan Peters performance as James March, which I'm liking more and more with every episode.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments, if you agree with me that this episode wasn't as good as some previous ones.
Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment