Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Vampire Diaries | Season 7 Episode 5 - "Live Through This"


Spoiler Alert!

Finally the moment that we all ware waiting for arrived. Episode 5 of The Vampire Diaries aired on Thursday and this was, probably, the episode that I most excited to see, because the producers and the actors have been teasing us about Bonnie's love interest and that we would find out in this episode and what the hell?!
I seriously have to start with this because, besides being the beggining of the episode, I just couldn't stop thinking about this scene during the whole episode.
Just like the other episodes, this one started with a flashforward and this time it was about Bonnie. Michael Malarkey said that this week we would see a flashforward about him, so I was also really excited to see that flashforward. When I saw that it was about Bonnie, I got a little bit disappointed, but excited at the same time, because I really wanted to see what's going to happen to her in three years from now. 
So, the flashforward began with her, Bonnie, in a mental institution talking about something that happened to her in the past. And, from that scene, it moves to a scene where she is entering her room in the institution ans sees someone. That someone is Enzo. And, what happened next never would cross my mind. They kissed! She literally ran to his arms and they freaking kissed! Like, WTF?! So, does this means that Bonnie's love interest will be Enzo?! Not that I'm totally against it... I would prefer Carenzo but, Benzo would be cool too. I knew that Damon wouldn't be Bonnie's love interest, it wouldn't make sense. To be honest, I was expecting it to be Matt, but then it would be too predictable so... I guess Enzo was a good choice afterall... Now, I just wonder who's Caroline fiancĂ© because we saw in one of those flashforwards that it isn't Stefan so... I'm curious about that.
Now, onto the present day.
In this episode we found out more about the Phoenix stone. Apparently it is filled with Vampire's souls and it looks like the person inside Oscar and Jo isn't themselves. I don't know how it really works like, how do the vampire's souls keep traped in the stone? Because, in the end of the episode, we saw that the heretics got to bring Julian back so, how does the stone work? How was Julian's soul trapped in the stone and Oscar's wasn't? Unless I missed something, it doesn't really make sense... If I missed something, please tell me in the comments, because I'm kind of confused.
Something else that we saw in this episode was Stefan finally talking with Valerie and finally finding out about the baby. We could see that he was really hurt about the baby part. Not hurt with Valerie, but hurt with the fact that he could have had a child and now that isn't ever going to happen... Or, will it? 
We know that Candice is pregnant in real life and that they're still filming so... How are they going to make things work with her being pregnant but being a vampire in the series, which means she can't be pregnant. I know the producers and the writers can make a twist, because they've done it before with the whole vampires with magic thing, now known as the heretics. So, they might make some plot twist and allow vampires to be pregnant. I don't know how they are going to make it happen but... We'll see. 
A theory that just crossed my mind is that, we saw in a previous flashforward that Alaric has his twins back so, what if Jo (or the person inside Jo) dies and they somehow 'transfer' the babies to Caroline?! I know, it's a silly theory but, with The Vampire Diaries, we never know.
I also really liked the friendship between Bonnie and Damon in this episode. That last scene with them at the bar was just perfect! And, to be honest, I can't wait to see that plan of Damon's. I know it's going to be a huge part of the next episodes, the whole Julian thing, so I'm super curious to see Damon and Julian's interaction and how he's going to break his mums heart.
Overall, this episode was ok. Not the biggest one but for sure it surprised me a lot in the beggining. Can't wait to see more of that relationship and how it is going to grow.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments and if you were as shocked as I was with the whole Bonnie and Enzo thing.
Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment