Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2019

American Horror Story: 1984 | Season 9 Episode 3 - "Slashdance"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello!
Yes, I'm back already with a new rant - American Horror Story this time.
I'm happy to report that this season is getting better. I noticed that in the last episode but this episode really sealed it and I'm really glad that's the case because I was getting a little sad that this season wasn't going to be good. But, if this keeps getting better, I'm hopeful.
We learn in the beginning of the episode who is being chased by who and so Brooke, Chet, Rita and Ray are being chased by the Night Stalker while Montana, Xavier and Trevor by Mr. Jingles. 
I don't even know where to start because so much happened but basically the Night Stalker almost gets Ray but Chet goes to his rescue and so, the first group runs to the parking lot. Unfortunately, both Ray and Chet fall into a pit and Chet gets impaled, not dying, but getting really injured and with no way out.
As for Montana, Xavier and Trevor, they realize that they were only 'attacked' by fake Mr. Jingles and that is, until the real Mr. Jingles kills the two imitators. 
Back in the parking lot, Brooke and Rita are the only ones to make it there and, after waiting a while, Brooke wants to call the police. That's when Rita drugs her and we see a flashback of the whole plan that Rita and Mr. Jingles had. The plan is mainly Rita's, who wants to see Mr. Jingles in his 'habitat' in order to develop her masters in psychology - the first twist of the episode.
While running away from Mr. Jingles, Montana, Xavier and Trevor find the real Nurse Rita who then attempts to run away just to be killed by Mr. Jingles in the end.
Post this, it's time for another flashback, this time Ray's. We learn that he agreed to go to the camp because he basically killed a guy at his fraternity and is running away from the law. He tells all this to Chet, while in the pit and, because he did so, he decides to leave Chet behind. That's when he runs into Montana, Xavier and Trevor, who gives Ray the keys to his motorcycle, and orders him and Montana to go to a phone. 
Trevor and Xavier go find Margaret and the Chef and that's when they find Chet in the pit. They are able to get in out and then they end up killing the last Mr. Jingles imitator.
Montana and Ray are ambushed by the Night Stalker, and Ray abandons Montana, only to be decapitated by Mr. Jingles (the first 'major' kill of the series). Post this, the last big twist - Montana and the Night Stalker struggle just to end up kissing and revealing that they are allies, and most likely trying to kill Brooke.
As I said in the beginning, I'm pretty happy with this episode. I kind of saw that Rita twist coming but the last one with Montana and the Night Stalker I had no idea, and I'm pretty stoked about it!
The rant is already too long so I'm going to leave it at that.
Let me know what you thought of the episode. Did it change your mind about this season? Did you see any of the twists coming? Tell me everything.
I'll see you guys I guess next week with a bunch of new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment