Pages

Friday, October 11, 2019

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 1 - "Back and to the Future"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys and Welcome to the beginning of the end.
That's right, Supernatural is back with it's final season and it gives you a bittersweet feeling. I'm super stoked that one of my favorite series is back but, at the same time, you just can't get out of your mind that this will be the last season and that just puts you down right away. I'm sure it hit me harder because it's the first episode and, as soon as the season starts to picks up, I will forget about it and I'll only be reminded once it gets to the final three episodes.
But anyway, I'm here to talk about the final season premiere and that's what we're going to do.
The season picks up right where the last one ended and we see the Winchesters and Castiel barricade themselves inside a mausoleum in an attempt to get away from the 'zombies' outside (irony because their dad is in The Walking Dead, I just can't help but find that kind of funny). 
For a moment I had completely forgotten that Jack had died but that was short-lived (kind of). Jack did not exactly got back to life but he was possessed by the demon Belphegor who, I might tell you already, I'm starting to be a big fan of. It's weird to see Alex play anyone other than Jack (even if I did see him before on Arrow playing another character) but this demon is so damn funny and Alex does an amazing job portraying him so, as much as I love Jack and I want him back, I'm fine with having Alex play this demon for a while.
Anyway so Belphegor offers to help blasting the souls out of the reanimated corpses and that's what he does. After that, they realize what they really are up against this season - all the souls and creatures that they sent to hell throughout the years so they come up with a plan to keep all the ghosts in one town and evacuate all the people in that town.
At the same time they do that, some familiar ghosts appear and attack our heroes - Constance Welch (the woman in white), John Wayne Gacy and Mary Worthington (who I refuse to spell the way we know her - yes, I'm superstitious like that). Even with all those ghosts getting in the way, they successfully, get everyone out of the town and Belphegor does the spell that traps all the ghosts in said town.
But, if all of this wasn't enough, there's something else wrong - Sam. After shooting god Sam got shot himself also (as we knew he would) but the gunshot wound is different and not only Castiel isn't able to heal it but he also got a strange feeling from it so, I bet that's going to tie with the end of the season and, I might be reading too much into it but my theory is that Sam is going to die in the end. There's no way it all ends well so yeah, my bet, for now, is that Sam is going to be the one to die.
And well, the episode basically ends like that, with the brothers agreeing to face this 'end of the world' again and being free from God once and for all. 
I liked this first episode. It gave me a lot of season 1 vibes, not only with the ghosts that were in that same season but also all the atmosphere and the scares which I have to say, the first seasons were way scarier that this last ones. All in all, great season premiere, I'm going to be waiting for me.
Let me know what you thought of Supernatural's season premiere and do you have any theories already? Tell me everything and I'll see you late with the AHS rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment