Pages

Friday, October 25, 2019

Arrow | Season 8 Episode 2 - "Welcome to Hong Kong"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Finally, here it is, the Arrow rant (The Flash coming up next)!
I have to say, I'm quite sad that I didn't get to watch this live because it was such a great episode! Just as in episode 1, we had the comeback of a few characters and I have to say, I had no idea this people were coming back and I was fairly happy with it. This episode kind of focused a lot on flash-forwards as well but I didn't mind them that much this time. I liked the interactions between JJ and Connor and I guess that's why I liked the flash-forwards this time a bit better.
As for present day we are back to Earth-1, but in Hong Kong this time. Oliver's new mission is to pick up Dr. Robert Wong, who we learn latter in the episode that was forced to recreate the Alpha/Omega Virus. Diggle joined Oliver in this mission (as I suppose he will do in every mission) but Laurel wants to get back to Earth-2, not wanting to believe what Oliver tells her. Unfortunately, the breach device is broken so he goes look for someone to fix it. 
Oliver and Diggle go after Dr. Wong but, of course, it can't go right the first time and so they are attacked by Triad members and that's when we get our first comeback - Tatsu (aka Katana), who 'saves them' as well help them find the Doctor, also letting Oliver and Diggle know that she knows who the Monitor is. 
Oliver ends up locating Wong but, again, as he's about the 'get' him, China White appears (our next 'comeback') and kidnaps the Doctor. Luckily, Oliver is able to get a sample of the Alpha/Omega Virus and so is able to make a change - the Virus for the Doctor - and so he arranges a meeting with China. Again, things don't really go as planned and China ends up stabbing Tatsu. Luckily, Black Siren appears and they are able to save Tatsu as well as get an old on Dr. Wong. Then, the episode ends with the reveal that Lyla, who also helped in this mission, is working with the Monitor. I can't really say this was a surprise because it was announced that she would play Harbinger and there's photos of her with the Monitor (set photos) so... This wasn't exactly a surprise but I'm intrigued and I can't wait to see where this goes.
As for the flash-forwards it's basically what I told you before - Connor, Mia and Zoe go to a black market when JJ is planning to make a sale while William stays behind, in the bunker, to repair a device obtained by the Deathstroke Gang. Of course this is a decoy and by the end they learn that the Deathstroke Gang has the bunker surrounded and... We don't really know what happens to William. And that's basically it.
I know I didn't say much but I truly liked this episode! Just like the first one I love all the references and the overall feel of previous seasons. This was majorly 'inspired' by Season 3 which wasn't exactly my favorite but I liked the whole Ra's Al Ghul thing so, let's see where this goes in the next episode. From what I've heard it's going to get 'inspiration' from Season 3 and 4 so, let's see.
In the meantime let me know what you thought of the episode and which are your predictions for the rest of the series. I can't believe we only have 8 episodes left... I'm starting to get sad. 
Anyway, tell me everything and I'll see you pretty soon with The Flash and Supernatural's rants.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment