Pages

Friday, October 25, 2019

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 3 - "The Rupture"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone.
So... How are you all holding up?
This was an insanely intense and crazy episode! I was not prepared! I have to say, after years watching this show I've picked up some hints and I could tell that something was about to happen because of the stuff that they mentioned in the 'Then' but I certainly wasn't ready. And mainly because this is only episode 3 and we already have 3 major deaths. Yes, that's right, if you didn't watch the episode this is one that I urge you to watch before reading this review because this will have major spoilers!
I thought, how the last one ended, that they would be fine with the barrier but... I guess I was wrong, because this episode started right away with Rowena trying a spell to strengthen the barrier but discovering that it is already too weak and there's nothing she can do. But, this is the beginning of the episode so you know they will come up with something else. In this case it is Belphegor that offers a solution. Basically all they have to do is retrieve Lilith's crook from Hell and use it to draw in all of the ghosts while Rowena and Sam perform a spell to close the rupture. As they work on that that's when we get introduced to Ardat. I actually didn't think we would get to know her this soon in the season but everything is happening so fast this time so I don't know what to expect anymore. 
Anyway, that's when we meet her that we have our first death - Ketch. That's right, I wasn't prepared for it and, surprisingly, I was upset. I used to hate him and now I'm actually sad that he died so... Things do really change.
Ardat kills Ketch and goes after Belphegor. She finds him and Castiel in Hell and that's when she reveals that Belphegor is using the Winchesters to gain power in Hell for himself. Belphegor kills Ardat and starts drawing the souls to himself but that's when Castiel gets enough of him (Belphegor) and kills him for good, destroying the crook in the process as well as Jack's body. And here we get our second death. It's not major major but it means that Jack won't have a body in case he comes back (which I'm pretty sure he will). I don't know how they're going to work around that but Alex was promoted to a series regular so he's for sure coming back so... I'm curious to see how that's going to happen.
Well, with no other way to close the rupture, Rowena decides to use a spell that requires a sacrifice of her own life to draw the souls into herself and then go to Hell. This means that Sam has to be the one to actually kill her since that's how her fate is written. Reluctantly Sam does so and the everything works as planned - the souls are drawn to Rowena and she falls into the rupture, into Hell and the rupture is closed and Rowena is dead - third death of the episode. It was pretty sad but at the same time gave Rowena such a good complete ending that I'm not that mad. I mean, maybe we will see her in Hell but, as far as we know, she's dead but she died a hero!
But it doesn't end there. As we see the Winchesters devastated by the deaths of Ketch and Rowena, Dean snaps at Cas and tells hims that it was all his fault for killing Belphegor and being irresponsible. Realizing that Dean still resents him, Cas decides to leave since he's getting weaker and that there's nothing more for him to do... It was a pretty sad ending and, from the preview, it looks like we're getting a 'case of the week' next episode which, by the way, isn't next week - only November 7. Also, I just realized that next episode is going to be directed by Jensen Ackles so, I'm curious.
And well, that's pretty much it. Sad episode, which makes me afraid for how the series is going to end. I'm prepared to have one of the brothers die, to be honest, but let's hope it doesn't come to that.
Anyway, let me know what you thought of this episode. Which was the hardest death for you to watch? Tell me everything and I'll see you soon with The Flash's rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment