Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Arrow | Season 8 Episode 3 - "Leap of Faith"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello again people!
I told you I was going to be soon with the Arrow rant.
This week's Arrow episode looked like it was going to be pretty standard and turned out being huge and so unpredictable.
It was another homage to another season - this time, Season 3 - where Oliver goes to Nanda Parbat to find more information about the Monitor. He's looking for Talia but, instead, he finds Thea, and here we have another special guest. This season they are really going all in with the homages and the special appearances from previous characters and, obviously, I'm loving it!
Unfortunately, Oliver has to tell Thea about all that is happening, and that includes his future death.
In the middle of this bonding, Talia appears and the three go retrieve an ancient textbook so Oliver can know more about the Monitor. Of course, things can't be that easy and they are ambushed by Athena and the League of Assassins. The trio manages to escape from Athena's group but this isn't the last time they meet.
Here they go on some type of hunt, that I kind of appreciate and they eventually find the book, where they learn that the Monitor may actually be causing the oncoming crisis rather than preventing it.
Meanwhile, John and Lyla track down a criminal that is holding a mother and son hostage. We find out that his is Connor and his mother so, you can see where this is going. They end up saving them but we know that something's about to happen because Diggle adopts Connor so... We'll see.
And well, we need to talk about the flash-forwards.
I still don't like them but yeah... let's see what they bring in the future. As for now, we see that William managed to escape the Deathstroke Gang through a trapdoor in the bunker. William also finds out their plan and so they go after them. Again, things can't go as planned and it all ends in a fight, which is amazing for us viewers that get to see this amazing fight scenes, but it's not so good for our heroes, and mainly not this time.
This really caught me of guard but JJ was about to kill Mia when Zoe steps in ans saves her... Just for JJ to stab Zoe and yeah, kill her. We don't know 100% but I'm pretty sure she's dead which is not only shocking but a bummer because she was one of the ones that I liked from the future.  But, if that wasn't enough, the episode ends with Connor, Mia and William being mysteriously teleported back to 2019 where they meet none others then Oliver, Dinah, Rene and Diggle.
Needless to say that this last part really caught me off guard. I knew that they would meet eventually but I wasn't ready for it to happen this soon.
I'm pretty pumped for the next episode! I just hope I don't get disappointed because I really don't like the flash-forwards and I'm loving the present day stuff this season so, it's going to be an interesting mix.
Let me know what you think is going to happen and heck, where you expecting this? Let me know everything and I'll see you tomorrow with more rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment